What's new

A Shaving milestone for me!

I had my left leg removed a little over a year ago. I am ahead of the curve for being able to actually walk again - not far, and with a cane. I moved a few key shaving items into my master Bathroom so I could shave(sitting down). Today i decided that the time has come to see if i could shave standing up again - and in the Shave Lab, vacated over a year ago.
It All worked out well a,d I'll be moving my carton of blades and the current selection of razors back to where they belong.

Todays' shave was with the Yaqi Slant. The only blade I had was a Ying Jili (Blue?), left in the soap dish a year before, the rest of my blades were in a crate in another room.

The Soap was one of my All-Time Favorites: Shannon's Indigo Oud. She sent me a sample while it was under development. It's a stronger scent that doesn't soon fade, like most other soaps seem to do. I placed an order for a 4 oz tin - pricey, but I don't want to ever be without this soap.

The shave: effortless, and nearly BBS, even using a year old blade with unknown mileage and a $9 zamac/chrome razor head. The head was ordered, but arrived in the mail while I was in the hospital, so this is tmy first test shave with it. It looks similar to the 'Knight Helmet' head, but shaves waaay better. I recommend it at any price.

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
I had my left leg removed a little over a year ago. I am ahead of the curve for being able to actually walk again - not far, and with a cane. I moved a few key shaving items into my master Bathroom so I could shave(sitting down). Today i decided that the time has come to see if i could shave standing up again - and in the Shave Lab, vacated over a year ago.
It All worked out well a,d I'll be moving my carton of blades and the current selection of razors back to where they belong.

Todays' shave was with the Yaqi Slant. The only blade I had was a Ying Jili (Blue?), left in the soap dish a year before, the rest of my blades were in a crate in another room.

The Soap was one of my All-Time Favorites: Shannon's Indigo Oud. She sent me a sample while it was under development. It's a stronger scent that doesn't soon fade, like most other soaps seem to do. I placed an order for a 4 oz tin - pricey, but I don't want to ever be without this soap.

The shave: effortless, and nearly BBS, even using a year old blade with unknown mileage and a $9 zamac/chrome razor head. The head was ordered, but arrived in the mail while I was in the hospital, so this is tmy first test shave with it. It looks similar to the 'Knight Helmet' head, but shaves waaay better. I recommend it at any price.
Your post was my favorite of the day. What may seem a minor activity to some is likely better understood within this gentlemanly corner of the internet. It was a lovely first step to a daily soothing ritual.

Bravo for sharing your comeback, and continued applause for describing your nearly BBS shave. I’ve heard good things about Shannon’s soaps. Now I just gotta try Indigo Oud.

Top Bottom