What's new

A shave of my own.

This morning I shaved with a straight that I honed and stropped all by my little self! I got a pretty good shave, couple of little nicks, and really learned the difference between the edge that a true honemeister puts on a blade, and the edge that I'm getting. I've got a ways to go for sure, but I'm making real progress both in my honing and shaving technique. I'm betting I'll be honing like a pro before the end of this year. Won't that be something!

This morning I shaved with a straight that I honed and stropped all by my little self! I got a pretty good shave, couple of little nicks, and really learned the difference between the edge that a true honemeister puts on a blade, and the edge that I'm getting. I've got a ways to go for sure, but I'm making real progress both in my honing and shaving technique. I'm betting I'll be honing like a pro before the end of this year. Won't that be something!

Awesome Rick, congrats!

Congrats! Someday I'm sure I'll learn the ways of the honemeister, but until then my strop and I are doing just fine!

Top Bottom