What's new

A seven shave blade.

I have to bin most blades after 3-4 shaves but the TREET 7 DAYS gives me 7 great shaves and I can usually get to 10.

The longevity of a blade depends largely on the coarseness of your beard and the sensitivity of your skin.

I have a tough beard and sensitive skin. Thus, I typically get 3-4 shaves from a blade before it becomes too dull to cut my beard or too rough on my face. Others can easily get a week's worth of shaves. Then there are those with less-sensitive skin who can push a blade out to three months.

The longevity of a blade depends largely on the coarseness of your beard and the sensitivity of your skin.

I have a tough beard and sensitive skin. Thus, I typically get 3-4 shaves from a blade before it becomes too dull to cut my beard or too rough on my face. Others can easily get a week's worth of shaves. Then there are those with less-sensitive skin who can push a blade out to three months.

The correct answer.

Gillette yellows seem to have lasted the longest for me though.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Most blades give me 10-14 shaves anyway, but the ones that have taken me over 20 (34 is the max for me) are Wilkinson Sword Classic, Gillette SharpEdge, Astra SP, Feather, and Israeli reds.

Longest I can go is 8; both Gillette Platinums and Super Max Blue Diamonds can do it, although the last one on the Super Max can be a little rough depending on the day/razor.

YMMV, of course, but lately I've been consistently getting 6-10 shaves or more from:

German Wilkinson Sword
English Wilkinson Sword
Personna Lab Blues
Personna Med Preps
Derby Extra
Derby Premium
Derby Usta
Shark SS
Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless
Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum

Interestingly, those are all blades that I've bought in bulk.

Astra SP, Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge and Gillette Silver Blue are worth trying. I get over 2 weeks from a GSB which are my favourites.

I have been DE shaving since 1980.
I have always used ALL of my blades for seven days and than changed them (every Saturday morning).
I don't think I have ever came across a blade that wasn't good for seven consecutive shaves and in forty years of DE shaving I have almost tried them all.

Usually I toss them after 6 shaves. Depends on the brand, and how it's holding up on the later shaves. Just took a look at my personal list for blades, and out of my top 20, 17 have done at least 6 or more for me.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

The dirty secret of DE blades is they were basically originally designed for one shave only. They were considered disposable. So people quickly devised ways to strop them to refresh the edge. This persisted until some time after WWII, when stainless steel blades came out and you could get a few more shaves out of them. But they were never really designed for a week's worth of shaving.

I always aim for 7 shaves on all my DE blades. I start on Monday and normally toss the blade after Sunday’s Shave. Most blades last the 7 shaves but some are really done after 4 but I push them to the seventh.
I do pretty much the same thing.

A few months ago I stopped tossing blades after 3-4 shaves and started using them for a week then replacing on Saturday.

Realistically this means most are used for 6 days, but a fair number of 7 day shaving weeks too.

I'd say that all blades I used so far (Astra SP, Feather, Personna) easily last a week and would likely go on longer.

Top Bottom