What's new

A SBAD question here....

Gents,

I'm going to be right by a C&E tomorrow with some free time. I see time and time again that many posters, many veteran posters, keep going back to the C&E $35 brush, frequently with comments along the lines of "I love this brush-- best value ever." I've got a Vulfix 405, which I would assume would be just about the same as the C&E brush, but now that I'm going to be there I think I might have $35 burning a hole in my pocket. Would you reccommend getting it, even if I have the 405? Personally, I've completely outgrown the Vulfix-- it's prickly on the ends, doesn't do creams very well, has no backbone and just all around isn't very appealing to me. I'd like another, better, brush that can double as a travel brush, but if it's going to be in the same area as the 405, then I'll pass. I used the C&E travel brush a while back and thought it was pretty "mezzo forte" and smelled like a toxic trash dump in the middle of a rendering plant. Tell me this one's different.

Oh, also, it's this one, right?

Thanks guys!

This one's different. I'll tell you what you want to hear, get it. If you don't you will go on wondering what the hype is with this $35 brush available locally to many. You ARE going to buy it eventually. Why wait?

This one's different. I'll tell you what you want to hear, get it. If you don't you will go on wondering what the hype is with this $35 brush available locally to many. You ARE going to buy it eventually. Why wait?

:lol:

I actually didn't want to hear that-- Wednesday I'll be emailing Charles to send me a Bambino (I'm doing two focus groups tomorrow for $175... focus groups are great for fun money!) so that's why I'm considering it a case of SBAD instead of a well thought out decision.

Seriously though, is it really different? I've noticed that the lofts on the EJ is about 10 cm shorter... which is good. How are the tips? Man I hate that Vulfix.

If you get a SR l'il Bambino yer not gonna be using anything else: Vulfix, C&E, or whatever. So no point to getting the C&E until yer next "eruption" of SBAD symptoms, believe me the SR 3118 will put you in remission for awhile, it's a great l'il brush.

PS - might as well put the Vulfix up FS or FT after you get yer shipment from Charles

Good call on the Bambino. I have a 3120 and really like it. As for the C&E Brush, all I can say is that it is a great all around performer. Works great with soaps and creams....nice size...not too firm or too floppy...not very scritchy yet not super soft. All for a whopping $35. I use mine in the rotation and always travel with it.

If you get a SR l'il Bambino yer not gonna be using anything else: Vulfix, C&E, or whatever. So no point to getting the C&E until yer next "eruption" of SBAD symptoms, believe me the SR 3118 will put you in remission for awhile, it's a great l'il brush.

PS - might as well put the Vulfix up FS or FT after you get yer shipment from Charles

That's pretty good advice. The only reason I'm wanting to jump on it is because they've shown that they want to take it off the line, or at least charge more for it, and as such I don't want to get left out if I wait too long, especially for $35.

OTOH, I'm *really* looking forward to the 3118 and pretty sure it's going to be an excellent performer.

Ya know, $35 is a couple day's worth of lunches, but it's funny money to me, which is why I'm looking to blow it on shave stuff.

...Perhaps I'll get it for my girlfriend as she seems to be stealing my brush all the time right now and if she has her own brush maybe she'll be less inclined to use the Bambino or the Shavemac.

... only 28 more hours to decision time.. :o15:

That's pretty good advice. The only reason I'm wanting to jump on it is because they've shown that they want to take it off the line, or at least charge more for it, and as such I don't want to get left out if I wait too long, especially for $35.

OTOH, I'm *really* looking forward to the 3118 and pretty sure it's going to be an excellent performer.

Ya know, $35 is a couple day's worth of lunches, but it's funny money to me, which is why I'm looking to blow it on shave stuff.

...Perhaps I'll get it for my girlfriend as she seems to be stealing my brush all the time right now and if she has her own brush maybe she'll be less inclined to use the Bambino or the Shavemac.

... only 28 more hours to decision time.. :o15:

I started with the C&E best badger and was happy with it. I say "was" because back in June (or so) I got the Bambino. Now the C&E sits unused. I will be buying a second Bambino for travel. And just to have another one. :D

Honestly, IMO, if you're getting an SR3118 the C&E will more than likely sit in its box unused. If you want something a bit scritchy, seems like you've already got an equivalent Vulfix. Best of luck whichever way you go.

J

You can get a better deal at The English Shaving Co. http://www.theenglishshavingcompany.com/ . They are the outlet for Jagger, the mfg of the C&E brush. They have some discontinued Supers that you can get for essentually the same price as the C&E best. When you add the Ca. tax you are close to $38. I paid $41 for the super including shipping.

Gents,

Thanks for the feedback... outside of Bob's first post :)rolleyes:) this is kind of what I needed to here, especially this:
yomuppet said:
Honestly, IMO, if you're getting an SR3118 the C&E will more than likely sit in its box unused. If you want something a bit scritchy, seems like you've already got an equivalent Vulfix.

That right there got me. I actually just asked Charles for a 3118 in tortoiseshell (which unfortunately might take a month) but it probably is for the better to just sit it out and wait patiently. :mad:

Thanks again guys-- you're the little white person on my shoulder sitting opposite the red dude. :biggrin:

I CHANGE my advise which was based on inadeqate info. He definitely MUST BUY the C&E cause after his G/F lather's up her shavable parts with those lovely Silvertips on l'il Bambino, the SR 3118 will be HER BRUSH.

So he's gonna need the C&E for his face !!! Bye-Bye l'il Bambino

As I told you before, and thanks for the PM which gave me the heads up, I will be locking Seniore Bambino in a 4" thick AR plate-walled safe with a 47 digit combination and accompanying retinal scans. Her legs will NEVER know what didn't hit them!

As I told you before, and thanks for the PM which gave me the heads up, I will be locking Seniore Bambino in a 4" thick AR plate-walled safe with a 47 digit combination and accompanying retinal scans. Her legs will NEVER know what didn't hit them!

or buy her her own 24-26 mm brush and be a hero!

Top Bottom