What's new

A/S Fidelity

I was wondering is there such a thing as A/S acquisition disorder? I see that a lot of people seem to have an inordinate number of aftershave treatments; don't get me wrong I'm not judging anyone, I mean excess is one of the priveleges of becoming a wet shaver, right? The problem for me is that my skin is very reactive and it requires time to get used to a new product, time I wouldn't have if I actually purchased all the aftershaves I want. So, is there anybody here who has stayed faithful to one particular product? Do you feel that your fidelity has an advantage over the pick 'n' mix style of shaving employed by those compulsive shoppers who are probably beyond all help? Conversely, are you one of those hoarders who has enough shaving supplies to remain well groomed throughout a nuclear winter? Is there any defining criteria you use to select a particular A/S on a particular day? I am familiar with the concept of heavier products in the winter and lighter preparations in the summer, but apart from that I would be worried about my skin breaking out if I kept switching products. I know the sensible solution would be to pick a single product that works for me, but where's the fun in that? I suppose the crux of the matter is, how do you limit yourself to the important purchases? As usual, I wait for the more experienced to enlighten me.
Warm regards,
Alex

I have lots and lots of after shave preparations. I choose by the following: season (light/heavy), and then scent. After all, one must get the layering correct! :wink:

If there are two that I come back to over and over, they are Baxters in the warm weather and Harris Milk in the cooler weather.

Thanks for the reply. I had initially narrowed my choice down to the Hydrolast A/S and the Shave Gallery product. This lineup has since been expanded to include the Baxter A/S, Musgo Real Balsam, Nancy Boy A/S Castle Forbes Lavender, Provence Sante and one of the Pre de Provence products (that's only beginning to scratch the surface.) Having oily skin I know I need something very light but I also need something that is going to reverse the effects of too much youthful excess over too many years. I would also be interested to know how people think pure aloe, jojoba oil and rosehip seed oil stack up against the aforementioned products?
Warm regards,
Alex

I like Baxter's ASB and such, but I keep finding myself going to my CAR Hydrolast Lime/Green Tea ASB. I can understand Scotto sentiments about a heavy moisturizer vs. a light one, but I find that the CAR moisturizes enough normally and if I really need something extra, I just use a little more CAR. It works well enough for me.

AJS said:
Thanks for the reply. I had initially narrowed my choice down to the Hydrolast A/S and the Shave Gallery product. This lineup has since been expanded to include the Baxter A/S, Musgo Real Balsam, Nancy Boy A/S Castle Forbes Lavender, Provence Sante and one of the Pre de Provence products (that's only beginning to scratch the surface.) Having oily skin I know I need something very light but I also need something that is going to reverse the effects of too much youthful excess over too many years. I would also be interested to know how people think pure aloe, jojoba oil and rosehip seed oil stack up against the aforementioned products?
Warm regards,
Alex
If you have really oily skin, I don't think you will like the jojoba oil.

The Rosehip Seed Oil is a different beast and probably not best utilized as an a/s. Where this product has a chance to really excel is when it is applied before bedtime.

I picked up a bottle of Fruit of the Earth 100% Aloe Vera Gel at Wal-Mart yesterday. Looking forward to see what it does.

Top Bottom