What's new

A rose by any other name.

I collect rose soaps; I have over ten rose soaps and a few rose creams in my rotation, and I've tried and rejected a few more.

I just received, ordered the day before my November restraint, Soap Commander's Love Experience. Soap, balm, and bath bar. Darren at SC says that they were out to replicate Klar Kabinette, but I like Love even more. My KK is old and now has a granny-powdery scent, nothing like the pure rose scent of Love.

And the performance is outstanding, slick and smooth. Great shaves so far, lots of rich lather mounting easily in my bowl.

Love is now tied for first in the rose sweepstakes with the fabulous, very different, and very expensive Le Pere Lucien Rose de Pushkar.

The balm is very good as well, soothing and moisturizing. Haven't tried the bath bar yet.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Thanks for the review. The only rose products I have in my den are Trumper's Rose cream and Coral Skin Food. Both are excellent, but it's good to know about others, should I care to mix things up.

Trumper's rose cream was a disappointment to me. I am one of the lucky few who has a puck of Trumper's hard rose soap that works like a champ. I swear by their Coral Skin Food.

But try Soap Commander'd Love shaving soap; I think you'll like it.

the quest for the perfect rose soap or cream, is, indeed, a noble effort!!

$rose quest.jpg

Rose is my favorite scent. I have the Soap Commander balm, which smells amazing. Some of my favorite rose scents are Mike's Natural Soaps Rose & Cedar Wood and Queen Charlotte Soaps Rose Otto.

Yes, I am a big fan of Saint Charles Shave Rose Damascena. (And their Neroli is fabulous.) I have both Queen Charlotte Rose Otto soap and cream, but I've not had great success with lathering either of them. My fault, probably. I like the authentic aroma.

Sarimento1, you're my hero.

Have you tried caties Bubbles Royal Garden? It's a lovely rose scent. Also cold river soap works puro fresco is rose forward to me.

I collect rose soaps; I have over ten rose soaps and a few rose creams in my rotation, and I've tried and rejected a few more.

I just received, ordered the day before my November restraint, Soap Commander's Love Experience. Soap, balm, and bath bar. Darren at SC says that they were out to replicate Klar Kabinette, but I like Love even more. My KK is old and now has a granny-powdery scent, nothing like the pure rose scent of Love.

And the performance is outstanding, slick and smooth. Great shaves so far, lots of rich lather mounting easily in my bowl.

Love is now tied for first in the rose sweepstakes with the fabulous, very different, and very expensive Le Pere Lucien Rose de Pushkar.

The balm is very good as well, soothing and moisturizing. Haven't tried the bath bar yet.

Have you tried Shaver Heaven 'Seductive Rose'? http://shaverheaven.com.au/seductive-rose/
Really, really nice stuff. AND... it contains Pure Tussah Silk to give you an amazing post shave feel. Very nice stuff. I am NOT affiliated with Shaver Heaven at all, but really enjoy their products.

Has anyone tried Tim's Wood and Roses? I tossed one in the cart with an Italian Barber Plissoft today.
Any opinions would be welcome.

Yes, I am a big fan of Saint Charles Shave Rose Damascena. (And their Neroli is fabulous.) I have both Queen Charlotte Rose Otto soap and cream, but I've not had great success with lathering either of them. My fault, probably. I like the authentic aroma.

Sarimento1, you're my hero.

thx for nice comment!

:blush:

I only have a few rose soaps/creams, Czech and Speake Number 88 Shave Soap being my favorite. I'm a big rose fan, though, and will have to check out some of the others. I used to think of rose as a feminine scent, but after trying Creed Windsor five years ago (which I picked up at a B&B split), it is the main note in most of my favorite scents (including Windsor, Domenico Caraceni 1913, Montale Black Aoud, Amouage Tribute Attar and Homage Attar).

This is post has encouraged me to put Love and LPL on my Christmas wish-list.

Please consider trying the following:

Simpsons Rose & Vanilla cream
Wickham's English Rose

I have in rotation and I really like both the Simpsons and the Wickham's. And thanks to everyone for their suggestions. Luckily for me, I'm in a buying restraint this month. But even after the chains ate off, I think I'll hold off purchases for a while. I really have enough soap and cream to last basically forever.

Bulgarian Rose (as a beta batch) popped up on Mike's Naturals site today. It might be worth exploring. I use and enjoy Mike's Rose and Cedarwood. I find it to be heavy on the rose and light on the cedar. A floral punch.

Bulgarian Rose (as a beta batch) popped up on Mike's Naturals site today. It might be worth exploring. I use and enjoy Mike's Rose and Cedarwood. I find it to be heavy on the rose and light on the cedar. A floral punch.

I love Mike's Rose & Cedarwood! One of my favorites. It's both manly, and sensitive. Just like me. :wink2:

Another vote here for LPL Rose de Pushkar. Shaved with it this morning. Wonderful scent and great performance.

Top Bottom