What's new

A Review Of The Rockwell Model T

Thanks for your review as I know many supported this on Kickstarter like 3 years ago.

It's taken a while but they've overcome the challenges to produce a fantastic razor!

The modern Slim. Looks amazing, looking forward to owning one in hopefully less than a decade haha :D

Yes, it really does emulate a vintage Gillette, especially with head design and geometry.

Great review and pictures. I too have the gunmetal finish. One of my favorite razors.

Thanks! I'm a fan of Rockwell gunmetal finish!

I had their 6C on gunmetal but I sold it...Then regretted it and wanted another but gunmetal was out of stock so got the chrome instead.

But nothing beats the bead blasted look of the 6S.

But nothing beats the bead blasted look of the 6S.

The "gunmetal" look does has its fans. However, I used a Dremel to give my 6S more shine (and several other here have posted their results). Gunmetal makes a razor look kind of like something in your toolbox...but a more lustrous finish retains a rough stainless steel look, but adds a brightness that works well on this razor.

Bead blasting is just a shortcut to meticulous tooling - which can take a lot of time, even with good gear.

The "gunmetal" look does has its fans. However, I used a Dremel to give my 6S more shine (and several other here have posted their results). Gunmetal makes a razor look kind of like something in your toolbox...but a more lustrous finish retains a rough stainless steel look, but adds a brightness that works well on this razor.

Bead blasting is just a shortcut to meticulous tooling - which can take a lot of time, even with good gear.

I think Rockwell took the MIM and bead blasted look in order to give a 316L, with 2 extra base plates for just $100.

With machining and polishing, it would have been a $250+ razor.

The gunmetal on their model T and 6C is great! It's just my personal preference of preferring a matte finish like on the 6S and Karve razors (luckily both are my best shavers too!).

Concur with all of the good stuff written above. Fantastic razor and well worth the wait. I have it with stand in gun metal. Even my 6S is getting neglected now and I never thought that day would come.

Even taking the price difference completely out of the equation, I actually find myself desiring the Model T over the Rex Ambassador. For me, there's just something about a Rockwell (gunmetal 6C owner here).
Curious if you got the MT? I love my 6C, but bought a Rex instead of the MT.

not who you asked, but I backed the MT but was also on the Rex passaround. I found the Rex far superior, but it's 3 times the what I paid for the MT.
Thanks for sharing. What made the Rex better for you? Also, any difference in the blade exposure between the two?

Thanks for sharing. What made the Rex better for you? Also, any difference in the blade exposure between the two?
The rex was obviously better built, balance and angle were both better. The mechanism was smoother, although it has seen much more use as I was at least the 20th person to use it.

The rex was obviously better built, balance and angle were both better. The mechanism was smoother, although it has seen much more use as I was at least the 20th person to use it.
Thanks. I've not had or held an MT, but based on what I've read and seen I can understand the better build than the MT. I'm still trying to figure out the blade exposure aspect between these two razors or for that matter compared against a Rockwell 6C vs. the Rex. Anyone with experience on the blade exposure aspects I would appreciate hearing your thoughts. Thanks again.

Got the 6C and love it.. great performance on different days of growth plate 4 and 3 is my usual setting design and quality wise its top notch and now I'm eying the Model T as well 😄 there's two downers the price tag here in Europe 165 Euro incl shipping and the fact rockwell doesn't ship internationally

Got the 6C and love it.. great performance on different days of growth plate 4 and 3 is my usual setting design and quality wise its top notch and now I'm eying the Model T as well 😄 there's two downers the price tag here in Europe 165 Euro incl shipping and the fact rockwell doesn't ship internationally
Try yourshaving.com - they are out of Spain. I've ordered from them a few times and never had any issues with anything.

For the past 2 weeks I have used my 6S with the R4 plate. It’s an extremely good razor and once you find which plate suits you best could be an everyday choice. Will last several lifetimes.

Top Bottom