What's new

A Review and Comparison of Good Oleo and Sē'bŭm Lime

What do you want the product to do?

What is your skin like? Prone to being dry? Prone to being maybe a tad oily? What?

I've not used this product. With others I've used about 4 -6 drops or maybe less on my still damp after shaving skin. My skin is prone to being dry.

Hyaluronic acid helps me a lot, but that's a totally different thing from an oil. Still, I use about 2 or 3 drops of it.

I'll be interested in hearing about this oil especially as you get it dialed in.

Happy shaves,

Jim
I am in the northeast and skin can get dry in the winter. Tried it today just as a moisturizer. It worked well but I will try a little less next time. The badger oil has a wide open top to the bottle so have to be careful pouring it out. The good oleo soaked in faster but I didn't use as much so not a fair comparison.

I think I can probably use it for shaving also. Will try it one day.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I am in the northeast and skin can get dry in the winter. Tried it today just as a moisturizer. It worked well but I will try a little less next time. The badger oil has a wide open top to the bottle so have to be careful pouring it out. The good oleo soaked in faster but I didn't use as much so not a fair comparison.

I think I can probably use it for shaving also. Will try it one day.

Thanks.

Dry skin is not much fun. Combined with shaving, less fun.

Try the HA I mentioned. It might or might not work for you. It might work for you when combined with the oil you're using (use the HA first to damp post shave skin; apply the oil a few minutes later giving the HA time to soak in).

All I know for sure is it works great for me (and others). Apparently it's widely known in some circles but not so much on B&B.

I did mention it's very inexpensive, right?

Happy shaves,

Jim

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
The serum products being offered by artisans are the first artisan product in a couple of years that I’ve been interested in.

They’re being marketed as an after shave product, but many high end cosmetics brands (Acqua di Parma, Dior, etc) have offered face serums and high quality face creams that can be used as AS products. Many of them also offer a separate serum specifically for around the eyes.

So what are the artisans putting on the table compared to serums that have been around quite a while? Anyone compared AdP CB or Mediterranean Resort to Sebum?

I have been using the Good Oleo and the hyaluronic acid for a week or so. It does help, especially in the spots that I do clean up passes. I always forget to shake up the bottle of Good Oleo. What is the stuff that separates to the bottom of the oil? Anyone know?

I am selling a bottle of good oleo on bst if anyone is interested. I only tried it once, using a couple drops. I have it up for $20.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I might be open to that if it doesn't sell. Which one do you have?
The aftershave oil.

It is a marvelous product. But, I am just not into the scent. I have used about 1/5 of the bottle so far. A little goes a very long way.

The aftershave oil.

It is a marvelous product. But, I am just not into the scent. I have used about 1/5 of the bottle so far. A little goes a very long way.
How would you describe the scent? The good Oleo has a smoky smell that I don't like.

View attachment 1059720

I tried the good Oleo tonight. I squeezed out a few drops and rubbed it on my face. Felt sticky at first like a balm but absorbed pretty quickly and felt decent after that. Nothing outstanding for me but maybe I need to use some more.

The problem is I don't like the smell, it smells like smoke with some cedar to me. I will definitely be selling this. I am going to try making my own and making my own scent. I also have this oil from the badger and one from sudysy soapery that I will try.
I have been using the badger brand face oil for a while and it is great. Even when I don't shave, I put it on. When I get out of the shower, I wet my hands,then add some of the oil and rub it on my face. I wipe my hands in my hair when I'm done. It is good for hair too. It smells good and feels great on the face. My skin is looking healthier since I started using it.

I tried the sudsey soapery oil today and it has sort of a smoky smell that I don't like and didn't feel as good on the face. Probably won't use again.

Highly recommend the badger brand aftershave face oil. I think it was pretty cheap too.

Top Bottom