What's new

A Razor Restoration Project (with a slight twist)

Legion

Staff member
Well done, my friend. I’m very glad it found its way to someone who could put it to such good use.

Last edited:

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
@cotedupy congratulations on a project well done. It has been a pleasure watching and reading your progress.

I know that when I SR shave, my razor spends about ¾ of the time opened up at about 180°. I am wondering if, after a few shaves, you feel that the shape of your handle could be improved upon in any way.

Well done, my friend. I’m very glad it found its way to someone who could put it to such good use.

Thank you!

I was rather surprised by how well it went for a first go. (Though watch now as my attempt at some kind of stand/holder turns out embarrassingly badly ;))

@cotedupy congratulations on a project well done. It has been a pleasure watching and reading your progress.

I know that when I SR shave, my razor spends about ¾ of the time opened up at about 180°. I am wondering if, after a few shaves, you feel that the shape of your handle could be improved upon in any way.

Ah cheers! Yeah it'll be interesting to see after a while what kind of tweaks/modifications I'd want to make for next time. I'm sure there'll be some, that use and practice will reveal.

---

The other thing which I didn't mention anywhere above is that my fingers do this...

IMG-2890.jpg

And I understand that normal people's fingers don't. They're quite 'double-jointed' or whatever the actual term is.

That doesn't really affect a knife handle, but it may make a razor grip like the below a little easier/more versatile for me than it might be for others... (?)

IMG-2889.jpg

Can you tell us more about the handwax oil you mentioned?

It is (I believe) a Tung oil based mix of oils and waxes, which is food safe and very waterproof. The brand I use is called Evolution and it comes in a range of 'finishes'; matte, satin, gloss, classic. And though it sets hard in about 24 hours, I find you can also buff it before properly set and get a more textured finish.

I love the stuff tbh, it makes everything I do look far better than my actual ability! And I can play around with it depending on what people want. But yep... I understand it's mostly Tung oil.

Top Bottom