What's new

A rarity - lather bowl seconds

We just got another load of our very popular lather bowls. I put a few aside that were not to my liking for first run bowls. There are five Gunmetal bowls and one Blue Sky bowl. Mind you, functionally there is not a thing wrong with any of them. What makes the Gunmetal bowls seconds is a thinning of the glaze on portions of the bowl - the outside. The Blue Sky glaze went a little nutty on the inside, smeared somewhat. I do not believe that in any way these aberrations compromise the bowls, we are just talking about looks.

A PM here will not reserve a bowl for you. Please email The Captain at: [email protected]

I will then invoice you for the bowl and, as always, will toss in some free samples. The bowls are normally $28.75 plus $8.95 shipping. These will be $18.75 plus $8.95 shipping. These will be filled in the order they are received. First come, first served!

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
A lady friend of mine called mine "beautiful". I said its a 'second' and she looked at me and clearly didnt know what I meant and had to point out why its a 'second'. She then replied that just made it "even more unique and beautiful".

Its a great bowl and I can build a lather twice as fast with it than I can in my smooth bowl.

IMG_2166.jpg IMG_2167.jpg IMG_2169.jpg IMG_2170.jpg IMG_2171.jpg IMG_2172.jpg

It is fully glazed and only the colour is a bit thin on one side. Outside of that its....beautiful lol.

You are killing me Scott! :001_smile

Let me help you along Don... :biggrin1:

Here is a quick picture of the brood before they start flying the coop. Because some will note they look perfect - what is wrong with these anyway? In part, it is because The Captain is picky about what a first run bowl is. But each has a lessening of the glaze on the outside and to the right of the thumb rest as you are looking at the pictures. Will post another pic so you can get an idea.

IMG_3868.jpg

Last edited:
These are all the standard size I assume?

Yes, all standard, that is the most popular size - it is designed to be held in the hand. For guys that have a brush with a knot 26 mm and over the larger size lather bowl may be a better choice. Our large size lather bowl is better used sitting on the counter as the diameter is a stretch for most hands to hold.

Just picked one up (along with a soon-to-be-discontinued soap locker) - can't wait to use them!

You ordered it today and it has already shipped out. The matching soap locker will make a nice combo for you.

Yep, that’s exactly it. I have the normal size and it’s perfect in my hand, but I have a couple of 26mm knots now.

I ordered one of the "seconds" lather bowls Saturday morning. Scott had it in the mail literally within a few minutes, and it arrived this afternoon. It took only two days to get from Illinois to New Mexico. Talk about service! I haven't had a chance to use the bowl yet...that will come later tonight. The slight blemish on it is hardly distracting. In fact it adds a little character to the bowl. A very nice bowl at a significant discount. Grab one if there are any left!

Top Bottom