What's new

A question to head shavers

I do a four pass shave on my face and neck and a two pass shave on my head. Shaving my head is much faster - but I shave it every day so I don't need to spend much time on it.

Same or even more for the head. It depends on what are you counting as shaving, only the process of using the razor/blade or all together with making a lather, wetting a face/head...

I start with splashing some water on my face and head. Then making a lather on the face and head, then I start shaving my head first. I need around eight minutes to prepare and finish shaving my head in one or two passes. And slightly less for face, one or two passes again. Full shave (head+face) around 14-16 minutes from start until the end of shaving:)

When I shaved with a cart, it was about equal. Moved to safety razor and learned that I needed far more care on my face than my head, so my head took about half the time my face and neck took. When I started shaving my face with a straight, I continued to use my DE89 for my head, so my head took a lot less time than my face. Now, I am beginning to use the straight on my head, but that is super slow going... I would say the one pass for my head takes as long as two passes plus touch ups on my face.

Not sure how long it would taker to shave my face, haven't done that in years. As far as head shaving, about 15 min to do 2-3 passes for a CCS-DFS. I can get it done in 10 if I need to, or some days if I have time I might take 20.

Head - ten minutes with a new blade. Fifteen if I go for the baby butt smoothness.

Face - fifteen minutes because I have to dance around my goatee.

I find i spend about 10ish minutes with two passes.

I mainly use a blue tip gillette with many different blades..... If I u se a heavy razor i get cuts galore... Blue tip or black tip works awesome.

I'm going to say the same amount. However, I do sport a circle beard, so if I were shaving my whole face, then I would probably take more time on my face.

I use the same DE I'm using on my face on my head. I find it takes me about 4 head passes as opposed to two face passes (it's the hair on the side of my head and the very back occipital area that comes in very thick and wiry).

Probably about the same for me. It's one pass WTG in both cases. Majority of my shave time is spent loading and building lather and cleaning up after.

After a shower I use 10 drops of shave oil on my head and face. Lather both my head and face at the same time. Shave my head first with a big heavy metal Parker Pivoting Trac II handle with a .40 personna tracII cartridge. This allows the face whiskers to soak in the soap. I get 4 head shaves per cartridge. I shave my face with a 1946-47 Gillette Aristocrat with a variety of blades. 3 passes for both head and face. I do this everyday and it takes about 30 minutes start to finish.

I maintain a beard, but shave cheeks and neck. I shave my head and still have a full head of hair. I use a DE on my face, and recently, a new cart for my head which I really enjoy called a Defender. They found me on Facebook. One of those subscription razors. I occasionally use my DE or straight on my head, but the shave isn't any better and takes far more care and time. I haven't shaved my face with a cart in probably 4 or 5 years, so I couldn't exactly compare apples to apples. If I just compare time to time, considering time spent lining up my face, and time spent mowing down my hair about once a week, I'd say it takes me double the time on my head.

I use either a headblade or Gillette Guard. Takes about 10 mins in shower using Cremo. I do ATG with touch ups. Don’t go for BBS since I shave every other day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom