What's new

A Question for Cartridge Users

I used DE for about 10 years exclusively (on my face) but eventually started keeping some form of a beard most of the year. I shave my head with a cart (Fusion ProGlide/Mach3) as a DE is too much work on my head. I loved the DE experience on my face and got great shaves with little more time than carts.

You and I are cut from the same cloth. Cart shaving on my head is just quick and easy and allows me to devote due care and attention to a wonderful DE or SE shave.

I've been wet shaving for fifty years, very good skin condition, and shave every other day, even with very good growth, shave that close... if I have to shave every day, no problem.

What I'm going to share will bust some thoughts and opinions here.

I shave VERY closely with either a Mergress XL DE, prior to this, a Progress. Also a Feather RG AC. Both for quite a number of years. Use a Sensor Excel Cryo for traveling.

Last four plus months, had eye surgery on left eye, will have surgery and involved prep for right beginning in a few weeks.

Was given Mach 3 blades and an eighteen dollar coupon to try. Easier to shave with while recovering.

GUESS WHAT......?

The shaves I'm getting with the Mach 3 are just as close as with the DE and Straight! It's all a matter of technique and comfort! Mach 3 lasting fifteen shaves. Sure, DE is less expensive. HOWEVER... the Mach 3 is an excellent razor.

YMMV!
I agree 100 percent, technique, sharp blade and you are good to go.

I use DE, SE, Shavette, and sometimes carts. For head shaves only Gillette carts work as Dorco and Bic are not sharp enough and will cause a lot of irritation for me. Carts are way faster, no attention to detail needed, and they shave well.
Hair clogs carts: if you have 3+ days w no shaving sure... and if you use a mediocre soap or gel.
2-3 blade carts are all you really need the 5-7 are ridiculous .

I don't shave with carts much anymore, but when I do, I get great shaves. No complaints at all. I'll still use brush+cream when I can, although I don't hate the canned stuff either. In any case, I shave fast with anythying: DE, SE, Shavette or Straight razor, but the cart is still faster. I could probably get a decent 2-pass shave (WTG+XTG) in under 2 minutes if I really tried. But I don't really time my shaves.

I switched back to carts because I developed essential tremor. DE was getting a little bloody. I may eventually need to go to electric, but for now carts. Works great. I prefer DE, but only because of the cost. I can shave a bit faster and just as close with carts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I switched back to carts because I developed essential tremor. DE was getting a little bloody. I may eventually need to go to electric, but for now carts. Works great. I prefer DE, but only because of the cost. I can shave a bit faster and just as close with carts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hope you feel better soon and get back to de.

Top Bottom