What's new

a question about cobra classic

D

dangerousrazor

I am considering purchasing Enoch razor. Classic Shaving says shaving with Enoch is similar to shaving with Cobra Classic.

so I wonder how Cobra classic shaves. Is it on the aggressive side? My experience with AC razor is limited to mild razors. Colonial General, ATT SE1, Razorock Hawk.

I found the ATT SE1 to be more efficient than the Cobra Classic. The Cobra Classic also has pointless blade stops. And I personally didn't like the shape of the handle.

👆👆👆👆 Contrary to what my evil twin wet shaving brother stated above @rabidus, I find it to be an extremely intuitive shaving razor with as near a perfect bend at the neck that provides a smooth and effortless pass every time. I can count on one hand the razors that match it in performance and shave quality. And I'd still have 2 fingers left when all is said and done. Now, that's just my personal experience with it as I speak for no one else. And the looks of the Classic Cobra is just amazing. The handle is love/hate, which I happen to love. Is there a weak link in the armor? Perhaps the locking mechanism can and probably will be an issue down the road but, so far so good.

Will the Enoch & Hiram/Hybrid Cobra feel the same or feel improved over the original? Can't say until it's in hand and a few shaves are in. The design is interesting on both and it will be fun to find out.

Love ya, Rabs.....:wink1:

I owned two of the original Cobra Classics. Although the shave was excellent and north of aggressiveness my problem was loading a blade. When I opened the catch and the lower base swung down it was very awkward to place a blade in the holder. I also owned the Occam with the floating head. To me I had no problem loading and didn't need the little tool that came with the razor. It seems that the Cobra Classic will be replaced with the Hiram Commander and the King Cobra fazed out (IMHO). Looking at the Hiram Commander it appears that the floating head design is used but the handle which looks like the Cobra Classic has been updated with knurling. The best of both worlds (I hope)

I shaved with a Cobra Classic a few times in a passaround. Overall, I liked it. I agree that the blade locking mechanism is a bit awkward, but it shaved just fine.

I think the handle is kind of ugly, but functionally it was fine for me.

I find it to be an extremely intuitive shaving razor with as near a perfect bend at the neck that provides a smooth and effortless pass every time.

I don't necessarily disagree with this! Stroke for stroke, I find the SE1 more efficient and just as smooth and effortless.

The Enoch head design looks like it was stolen from the Asylum RX, and no blade stops! :thumbsup:

2019-10-01 (2).png

Top Bottom