What's new

A q. about honing wedges

Legion

Staff member
Oh really? I kinda assumed they'd be quite expensive. As long as I don't have to grease the palms of the deeply regrettable Mr. Bezos, I shall pick some up from the rest of the internet later.

I did spend quite a while trying to lift and hone that section separately and then blend in, but wasn't having much luck. I probably increased the length of the shaving edge a couple of mms this time around, but still not hitting the very end. It's something I suspect I'll just need to get a better feel for over time.

I was slightly surprised by how good the coti edge was though, given I haven't used one on razors before really. This is certainly one of the finest cotis I've had (don't like it for knives), but I effectively took it all the way from resetting the bevel on heavy slurry, through to finish. And I imagine your average c.18th or 19th man about town would think it a jolly good shave indeed!
My digital calipers were a weekly special at Aldi. I cant remember how much they cost, but it wasn't that much.

My digital calipers were a weekly special at Aldi. I cant remember how much they cost, but it wasn't that much.

Oh that is a good Aldi special!

I hope you stocked up at the same time with a pair of skis, coffee percolator, children's wetsuit hood, secateurs multipack, wellington boots, and a masonry drill...?

Legion

Staff member
Oh that is a good Aldi special!

I hope you stocked up at the same time with a pair of skis, coffee percolator, children's wetsuit hood, secateurs multipack, wellington boots, and a masonry drill...?
You know me too well. It seems like at least 50% of the stuff in my house and workshop came from Aldi.

Now that I think about it... if one went to Aldi and bought any five 'Weekly Special' items at random - you are definitely going to look like a mental serial killer at the checkout.

Top Bottom