What's new

A product comparison process...

I just had an idea. Since information on all of the products involved in wetshaving is relatively scarce, and there's such a wealth of information here, why not build a system which can be used to map products based on a search? I'll explain:

At first, I was thinking of polls. Polls are usually limited to one criterium (How scrubby is brush x?"). So I thought several steps further. Imagine a way to go search for "scrubby", and get a ranked order of scrubbiness, as perceived by all those who voted. A search for "scrubby" would also respond to synonyms, maybe "scratchy", or whatever folks wanted to add. You could also show several criteria together, and it could be a tremendous aid for finding something specific (except, in this instance, for drP, who has them all already). :wink:

This could be expanded to include many different traits that people search for in a brush. Of course there would also be a blade comparison chart/engine, one for straight razors, one for creams, etc, all in a similar interface to make it easier to find what you're looking for. It would eventually, due to user submissions, include more rare and unique items that many folks would never have even heard about, and organically expand to include everything that everyone who participates can contribute to it. Lots of knowledge here...

I could build most of it myself... but am I crazy? :drool: No promises, I just had a flash and wanted to see if this is just something that I would find useful.

Not only would this type of accessible info be helpful for newbies, it would definitely help those of us deep into 'acquisition disorder' in where to direct our energies next.

Marty

htownmmm said:
Not only would this type of accessible info be helpful for newbies, it would definitely help those of us deep into 'acquisition disorder' in where to direct our energies next.

Marty

I agree. Sounds like a great idea, and a lot of work on your part...that's what you call "taking one for the team" :lol:

Not to put a damper on your idea, my company is developing a product that will do something similar to what you're talking about (and more)...

Yeah, that's the idea! It could even be built to allow people to refer to it with a URL in conversation. Like, "check out the scrubbiness of brush x, according to B&B folks."

Sorry, now I'm getting worked up. :badger:

letterk said:
Not to put a damper on your idea, my company is developing a product that will do something similar to what you're talking about (and more)...

Doh. When is it expected to be available? Will it be free?

I guess it was a good idea then. :wink:

Top Bottom