What's new

A pretty perfect Sunday .....

Beautiful summer day here in upstate New York --- high 80's, bright sunshine, crystalline blue skies, and a slight breeze.
Started my day with a long walk with our dog Yogi, then returned home for two hours of delightful garden and yard work.
Then, a soothing few hours in our pool, and had my 92 year old Mom (who, thankfully, is totally "with it," coherent, and
still extremely intelligent --- a retired New York City school teacher !) join my wife and me for a late afternoon -- early
evening get-together on our backyard deck. Vodkas and tonics on the patio, then fresh shrimps and steaks on our Weber
grill, with local farm grown fresh corn and tomatoes, and a sublime Ferrari Carano Fume Blanc. Yummy indeed !

Then, finished the day with an all Stirling shave. Taking my time and relaxing, with the breeze through the window.
Boat Drinks soap, gloriously face lathered with my Stirling Green Label synthetic tuxedo brush, smoothly shaved with
my Rockwell 6C and a Gillette Nacet, and topped off with Stirling Orange Chill splash. Ahhhhh my friends .... Life is good !
I hope you and your loved ones are all safe and healthy, and enjoying the summer !

Miss me some upstate NY. Spent quite a bit of time up there this year, albeit winter, it was absolutely gorgeous.

Reading this has made me look forward to my next shave and a visit down to Ma’s for some R&R away from the DC city life.

Well done, Adam! I always admire your upbeat posts during this difficult period. I'd love to spend some time around your pool and grill, but Seattle is far, far away. I'll enjoy my next beer with you virtually...

Wow ! You gents are the best.
I really appreciate all the “like” reactions. Thanks so much.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Beautiful summer day here in upstate New York --- high 80's, bright sunshine, crystalline blue skies, and a slight breeze.
Started my day with a long walk with our dog Yogi, then returned home for two hours of delightful garden and yard work.
Then, a soothing few hours in our pool, and had my 92 year old Mom (who, thankfully, is totally "with it," coherent, and
still extremely intelligent --- a retired New York City school teacher !) join my wife and me for a late afternoon -- early
evening get-together on our backyard deck. Vodkas and tonics on the patio, then fresh shrimps and steaks on our Weber
grill, with local farm grown fresh corn and tomatoes, and a sublime Ferrari Carano Fume Blanc. Yummy indeed !

Then, finished the day with an all Stirling shave. Taking my time and relaxing, with the breeze through the window.
Boat Drinks soap, gloriously face lathered with my Stirling Green Label synthetic tuxedo brush, smoothly shaved with
my Rockwell 6C and a Gillette Nacet, and topped off with Stirling Orange Chill splash. Ahhhhh my friends .... Life is good !
I hope you and your loved ones are all safe and healthy, and enjoying the summer !
Sweet!! Y’all are truly blessed.

Beautiful day, beautifully chronicled.

We have so much to be thankful for.

Thank you and well done, Adam!

Thanks for the lovely reply. And heartfelt thanks to all you fine gentlemen here on B & B
for all your postings and reactions to my thread. As I said somewhere up above, while we
are enduring the stress, turmoil, and craziness of this "pandemic world," we need to focus
on finding happiness with the "little things in life" that bring us joy ! Happy Shaving Boys !

You didn't mention the music that was playing throughout. I'm guessing it was Dick's Picks Volume 3, that would've been pretty cool if it was.

:001_wub:

Nice guess. But in celebrating their 50 years, it was Workingman's Dead and American Beauty.
However, the Pembroke Pines Florida show on Dick's vol. 3 is excellent. Keep on trucking !

Last edited:
Original Warner Bros. vinyl pressings, each one bought as soon as they were released in 1970.
I was in tenth grade back then, and already appreciating the great music of Jerry and the boys !
And now that I'm a 64 year old well established and respected dentist in our community, .....
my patients love the fact that I am still a "Deadhead." LOL :thumbup: The music never stopped .....

6D1639D1-FFCC-4EFC-95CB-EA996B23A4F3.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom