What's new

Shave Roulette

Cool - this sounds like fun. I’m in the OCtober group this month, so lemme see if I can put together a bet that complies with that. But for sure I’ll join you gents in November!

Figured it out - here’s my set for this week. If a GEM razor comes up, I’ll just use a GEM blade. All OC for OCtober:

70323B8C-517C-4018-B9C3-5D9BB9FA51A8.jpeg

Ready for the spin

6960 => favorit golden steel, frost byte, spyro flake, ever ready 1912 Personna ss ptfe.
A lovely sounding shave I won't be able to participate in, looking forward to joining up hopefully tomorrow.

The last spin on a day I was planning to shave produced a fantastic shave and had me using my Fatboy, which I hadn't used in forever. So it was Mystic Water Rosalimone lathered with my Rubberset 400. I used my Mythus shavette and did clean-up with the Fatboy.

Fantastic shave.

Previously, the only razor I was using for most of my shave was the Feather SS; now that I have the Mythus, too, I can add that to my roulette numbers, perhaps in place of the blade column? I only use Polsilvers in my DEs.

I'll work out a new numbering system and keep playing. It's kind of fun to have the decisions made for me, and to see the random combinations that I wouldn't otherwise have chosen.

Cool thread.

The last spin on a day I was planning to shave produced a fantastic shave and had me using my Fatboy, which I hadn't used in forever. So it was Mystic Water Rosalimone lathered with my Rubberset 400. I used my Mythus shavette and did clean-up with the Fatboy.

Fantastic shave.

Previously, the only razor I was using for most of my shave was the Feather SS; now that I have the Mythus, too, I can add that to my roulette numbers, perhaps in place of the blade column? I only use Polsilvers in my DEs.

I'll work out a new numbering system and keep playing. It's kind of fun to have the decisions made for me, and to see the random combinations that I wouldn't otherwise have chosen.

Cool thread.
My numbering system is completely different than the one listed in the beginning. The four categories for me are: straight razor, soap/as, brush, clean up razor. They are also in that respective order, you can really let the numbers determine anything in any order, so make them fit your shaving style.

My numbering system is completely different than the one listed in the beginning. The four categories for me are: straight razor, soap/as, brush, clean up razor. They are also in that respective order, you can really let the numbers determine anything in any order, so make them fit your shaving style.
Perfect.

So for me, in my new version, the first number is the brush, the second number is the soap, the third number is which shavette I will use, and the fourth number is which clean-up DE I will use.

Looking forward to continuing. I'll be shaving on Tuesday evening, so I will await the roulette spin for Tuesday.

...now that I have the Mythus, too, I can add that to my roulette numbers, perhaps in place of the blade column? I only use Polsilvers in my DEs.

I'll work out a new numbering system and keep playing. It's kind of fun to have the decisions made for me, and to see the random combinations that I wouldn't otherwise have chosen...
It's totally up to you which items you want to put into play. In theory, you could play with just one or two columns; whatever you want to switch around, you would still be participating.

I do like the idea of posting your "bets" so people can see what you're playing with. I think that adds some fun.

It's totally up to you which items you want to put into play. In theory, you could play with just one or two columns; whatever you want to switch around, you would still be participating.

I do like the idea of posting your "bets" so people can see what you're playing with.
I still need to post a list, Ill format it in a way that's easier to display on bnb and do so sometime today.

My "bets"
Screenshot_20201026-140116~2.png

The blade for the clean up razor is whichever happens to be in it at the time, if it needs replaced I will replace it on a whim. For the most part, the blades are; nacets in the shake sharp, schick prolines in the vector, and Personna gem ptfes in the ever ready. I will update it at least seasonally to use my seasonal soaps.

6960>>

TOBS Sandalwood Soap
Ever-Ready 3 Step
RR OC Game Changer
BIC Chrome Platinum

The BIC will make my head shave interesting

I would have never chosen that blade with that razor for a head shave. The only reason I’m trying the blade is I read a thread with much hate about it and in true “This really stinks, smell it” fashion I had to try them. I was honestly expecting a blood bath and almost wussed out.

Turns out it was a very comfortable 3.5 pass BBS head shave. Second use on the blade. I hadn’t used the TOBS since 7/8.

My "bets"
View attachment 1173927
The blade for the clean up razor is whichever happens to be in it at the time, if it needs replaced I will replace it on a whim. For the most part, the blades are; nacets in the shake sharp, schick prolines in the vector, and Personna gem ptfes in the ever ready. I will update it at least seasonally to use my seasonal soaps.
This list didn't last long due to the unexpected arrival of some razors in the mail, the clean up section has been duly modified.
Screenshot_20201026-233839~2.png

Top Bottom