What's new

A Package Arrived from the Old Country Today

I ordered these two about ten days ago from the factory. These are my first Semogue brushes. They seem like very good quality compared to what I have right now. I have heard about them for quite awhile on this board and I finally got around to ordering them. I look forward to using them. The lofts are much more stiff than I thought they would be. Again, very nice quality for their price.

20200204_162129.jpg

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Very nice, I love Semogue brushes although I have never tried a boar. I have a butterscotch two band 2016 Foro Afeitado LE and it is one of the best brushes I have ever used. Enjoy them.

You have to break them in, then they will become soft. Before lathering each time, soak the bristles in warm water for at least five or ten minutes. It usually takes twenty or thirty lathers for them to break in.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
You will certainly enjoy those two, they're excellent choices. I think you'll find the short loft of the white bristles on the 1460 to be perfect to create that nice exfoliating face lather! I used my 1305 this morning, it seems a lot larger in the hand.

Congratulations, nice brushes. Boars are great! The hairs will get softer with use, but maintain a good backbone for hard soaps. I use them for both bowl and face lathering. I like my boar more than my pure badger.

Top Bottom