What's new

A Nice, Natural, Long-lasting Lavender Scent

I posted also about lavender scents in the aftershave section. What I would like is a nice, long-lasting *natural* lavender scent. If this is available in an aftershave, great! If I have to get that in a cologne, I’d consider it. I have Speick aftershave, and its lavender is a rather subtle, and it fades quickly. Any suggestions?

proxy.php

vintage

Unfortunately “long lasting” and “lavender” don’t seem to go together. Three that I like are: Atkinsons - sometimes available but out of production, Cella - inexpensive and a great splash, C&S Oxford and Cambrige - good but expensive for a fleeting scent IMO. My after shower douse is homemade: a teaspoon or even 2 of lavender EO, dash of spearmint EO, smaller dash of peppermint EO, sometimes a small dash of either rose or sandalwood EO. Dissolve in a cup of Everclear and dilute about 1:1 with spring water. Shake well and let it integrate for a couple of days. It’s relatively inexpensive, all good ingredients. I don’t mind splashing in on generously since I know it will always be available and won’t be “reformulated” without warning. The mint seems to give the scent some legs but it doesn’t last more than an hour at best unless you amp up a basenote like sandalwood. in any case the lavender note will be gone quickly.

A few quick thoughts. I am a big lavender fan.

Unfortunately “long lasting” and “lavender” don’t seem to go together.
That is probably a true statement, although it may be, too that the nose adapts very quickly to lavender. Try spraying some on the back of a hand and only sniffing it every hour or so for a better test of longevity for any scent. I think with C&S O&C--definitely a top ten of all time frag for me and my fav lavender--you will find that the scent lingers a lot longer and stronger than you might have thought. Not so much with something like Ach Brito Lavanda and a lot of other lavender scents, which simply do not have legs.

I would say that Caron Pour un Homme has lots of lavender, too, but I do not love the vanilla either.

Also, it might be noted that any fougere has a lot of lavender in it and most are fairly long-lasting. Azarro would be a classic. But to me there is something about the standard fougere formulation that makes it hard for me to think of fougeres as smelling much like lavender scents. They smell much more green to me.

I’m also a big lavender fan.

In addition to what has been written already, I’d recommend the following:
- Trumper’s Lavender Water. It has a slight mint undertone and on me it lasts for several hours (I use it as an aftershave)
- Czech & Speake O&C EDP version should last a lot longer than the cologne
- Penhaligon’s Lavandula EDP. If you can find it, this is a Wonderful English lavender scent that lasts a full day on me

Next I’d like to try DR Harris Lavender Water, and I wish TOBS Lavender Water were not discontinued

I’m also a big lavender fan.

In addition to what has been written already, I’d recommend the following:
- Trumper’s Lavender Water. It has a slight mint undertone and on me it lasts for several hours (I use it as an aftershave)
- Czech & Speake O&C EDP version should last a lot longer than the cologne
- Penhaligon’s Lavandula EDP. If you can find it, this is a Wonderful English lavender scent that lasts a full day on me

Next I’d like to try DR Harris Lavender Water, and I wish TOBS Lavender Water were not discontinued
TOBS Lavender Water is still available on certain European websites if you Google...

Which one is your favorite? What’s your take on Coldinava and DR Harris?
This is my favourite:

Coldinava is pleasant. I haven't used the DR Harris Lavender enough to form an opinion.

Top Bottom