GRUME27/30 (100%)
NOCvember
27/30 (100%)
Discovery Blade AdventureBolzano 2/3
Timor 2/3
Eddison 2/3

Passes3
WXTG (2)CB Curve (1)
(NW-SE curving to NE-SW | cheeks and neck)
Gillette Slide (2)
(NW-SE | cheeks & S-N | neck)
ATGStraight & Slanted
(S-N | cheeks)
(SW-NE | neck)

Razor
Blade
Brush
Gillette EFBT with Blue Lasta handleBolzano (7)DVH Synthetic
Pre-shave
Soap & Bowl
Post-shave
Cold splash
Proraso Geen
Proraso Green
Proraso bowl
Cold splash
Face wash with residual lather
Floïd's The Genuine (AS)
Nivea Sensitive (Balm)

Efficiency
Quality
8/10 (~20 minutes)10/10 (Clean as a whistle)
EffectivenessComfort
9/10 (BBS)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes to today’s shave:

Inspired by Doug's (@Rosseforp) post on the Flat Bottom Tech - Wolfman comparison I got my Tech out for an excellent Sunday shave. With three passes to an almost marble finish my Flat Bottom Tech reigned supreme and let me know that even though there is a new king in town, this golden oldie still has a lot to offer. I have to admit that the Timeless did an outstanding job yesterday and so we started the day with less stubble than usual.

The Bolzano was on its 7th run which exceeds the first Bolzano blade and it was super smooth in the Tech. No troubles at all and the Gillette Slides were simply bliss to perform. So far great performance of this Discovery Blade at the gracious courtesy of @Space_Cadet and @Grundi.

Proraso provided a nice mentholated chill with each pass. Floïd's stang a little telling me this was a close shave and Nivea put the skin back at ease.

Have a nice day everyone.

Date
365 days of shaving335/331
(100%)
GRUME28/30 (100%)
NOCvember
28/30 (100%)
Timor 2/3
Eddison 2/3

Passes3
WXTG (2)CB Curve (1)
Gillette Slide (2)
ATGStraight & Slanted
(S-N | cheeks)
(SW-NE | neck)

Razor
Blade
Brush
Mühle R41
Gillette EFBT with Blue Lasta handle
Timor (2)
Bolzano (7)
Kox Blue Synthetic
Pre-shave
Soap & Bowl
Post-shave
Cold splash
Proraso Geen
Proraso Green
Proraso bowl
Cold splash
Floïd's The Genuine (AS)
Stirling Executive Man (Balm)

Efficiency
Quality
8/10 (~20 minutes)8.5/10 (some minor weepers ATG)
EffectivenessComfort
9/10 (BBS)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes to today’s shave:

A great shave this morning with the Mühle at bat first. It took care of almost all the stubble on the first pass. The Timor blade behaves well in the R41. Sharp, smooth and comfortable - liking that! Next up was the Tech and on the cheeks it almost felt I wasn't using a blade at all. ATG to finish everything off and BBS was smooth and comfortable.

Two more days in GRUME November and two more days of enjoyment in NOCvember! And my first anniversary is coming up too: one year of DE shaving (and not going back to something else!).

Detailed shave notes can be found: here

Enjoy your days everyone!

Date
365 days of shaving336/332
(100%)
GRUME29/30 (100%)
NOCvember
29/30 (100%)
Timor 2/3
Eddison 2/3

Passes3
WXTG (2)CB Curve (1)
Gillette Slide (2)
ATGStraight & Slanted
(S-N | cheeks)
(SW-NE | neck)

Razor
Blade
Brush
Gillette EFBT with Blue Lasta handleBolzano (8)Razorock 400 Plissoft
Pre-shave
Soap & Bowl
Post-shave
Cold splash
Proraso Geen
Proraso Green
Proraso bowl
Cold splash
Floïd's The Genuine (AS)

Efficiency
Quality
9/10 (~15 minutes)10/10 (Clean)
EffectivenessComfort
9/10 (BBS)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes to today’s shave:

I intended to shave with the Gillette and my Timeless, but stubble was on the milder side and therefore I only used the Tech. Going with a Bolzano on its 8th run it was a very smooth shave with no hassles and all dazzles. Smooth, comfortable and the Bolzano not showing any signs of fatigue. BBS level was achieved relatively easy, although I have the feeling the longevity of the BBS will be less than with my other blades / razors. The Tech is a versatile and nimble razor that is about as good as razors get - also bearing in mind the age of this razor.

The Razorock brush is my favorite currently and it lathers exuberantly well. Nice slickness and glide and of course the soap being Proraso Green with a menthol kick between passes. Wonderfully soft and yet with enough backbone for me. Really a great brush.

Floïd's stang at first and provided that nice and warm sensation in combination with a barbershop scent.

Excellent start of the day I would say!

Date
365 days of shaving337/333
(100%)
GRUME30/30 (100%)
NOCvember
30/30 (100%)
Timor 2/3
Eddison 2/3

Passes3
WXTG (2)CB Curve (1)
Gillette Slide (2)
ATGStraight & Slanted
(S-N | cheeks)
(SW-NE | neck)

Razor
Blade
Brush
Timeless Ti95 SC
Eddison (10)
Omega 632 Super Badger
Pre-shave
Soap & Bowl
Post-shave
Cold splash
Proraso Geen
Proraso Green
Proraso bowl
Cold splash
Floïd's The Genuine (AS)
Nivea Sensitive (Balm)

Efficiency
Quality
9.5/10 (~15 minutes)9.5/10 (Tiniest weepers on the)
EffectivenessComfort
9.5/10 (Marble-)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes to today’s shave:

To end November I took out my Timeless. Still paired with the Eddison blade and together they performed exquisitely. An almost perfect shave with a marble finish except for under the nose. In fact I had a @CCS moment - I felt one or two whiskers under the nose so I had to go back after the shave and take care of those.

The Omega brush with @tjsgarden TipDip method made for an excellent Proraso lather. The lather provided wonderful glide and protection.

Floïd's let me know this was a really close shave and Nivea came to the rescue to provide coolness and nutrition to the skin.

Excellent shave!!

Last edited:
Date
365 days of shaving338/334
(100%)
GRUME December1/31 (100%)
Timor 2/3
Eddison 2/3

Passes3
WXTG (2)CB Curve (1)
Gillette Slide (2)
ATGStraight & Slanted
(S-N | cheeks)
(SW-NE | neck)

Razor
Blade
Brush
NEW ImprovedTimor (3)Omega Proraso
Pre-shave
Soap & Bowl
Post-shave
Cold splash
Proraso Geen
Dutchy Bergamot
Kox Enamel
Face lathering
Cold splash
Proraso Green (AS)
Proraso Green (Balm)

Efficiency
Quality
9/10 (~20 minutes)10/10 (Clean)
EffectivenessComfort
9/10 (BBS)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes to today’s shave:

With NOCvember closed it was time to bring out the open combs again! And the NEW Improved begged me to be used. I loaded the razor with the second Timor blade from the Blade Discovery Adventure on its third run and the combination delivered a smooth and comfortable ride.

In terms of technique I more closely followed my beard map and paid extra attention to letting the razor do the work (i.e. no pressure). Worked really well. I could have done just two passes as the first pass was mega effective, but I felt the blade being harsher on the first ATG strokes on the neck and so I switched back to a usual three pass shave. That turned out to be a good idea and BBS was the ensuing result.

Using the Omega Proraso I loaded the Bergamot for a nice face lather. This brush - although boar - is very soft and floppy to the face. Face lathering makes it less thirsty than bowl lathering for some reason and so I went with that. Dutchy Bergamot is only available from my local shaving shop and it is a wonderful, easy scent as well as providing an excellent post shave feeling to the skin.

Great first day of December I would say. Enjoy yours!

Date
365 days of shaving339/335
(100%)
GRUME December2/31 (100%)
Timor 2/3
Eddison 2/3

Passes2 and some touch ups
WXTGCB Curve
ATGStraight & Slanted
(S-N | cheeks)
(SW-NE | neck)

Razor
Blade
Brush
Fatip Special Edition OC
King C Gillette (28)DVH Synthetic
Pre-shave
Soap & Bowl
Post-shave
Cold splash
Proraso Geen
Dutchy Bergamot
Kox Enamel
Face lathering
Cold splash
Proraso Green (AS)
Proraso Green (Balm)

Efficiency
Quality
10/10 (~15 minutes)10/10 (Clean)
EffectivenessComfort
8.5/10 (BBS-)
8/10 (Smooth)

Notes to today’s shave:

Wonderfully quick shave this morning. The Fatip loaded with the KCG took no prisoners (but did leave some hair behind). Smooth sailing and very comfortable to use. The blade was slightly misaligned (what? in a Fatip? no way! :laugh:) and I used that to my advantage in the ATG strokes.

The KCG blade is still the performer although I might have experienced less performance than usual signaling the blade has seen its best days. But we’re not there yet and so the blade was cleaned, dried and reloaded for another shave.

The little synthetic is a great latherer and worth that I went to face lathering today. I gave it extra time and attention to see if that benefited the shave. Will be doing the same thing tomorrow to check.

Really nice shave. Have a great day!

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
I didn’t know Rocnel made TTO razors…

Excellent news, @Guido75 ! For the safety of his future finances, please keep Guido07 away from the forum. Don’t want to find he stayed up too late waiting for the perfect Euro to Swiss Franc exchange rate to fund his RAD killer. Or claiming dual-citizenship at adulthood to cross the border for Baume.be pre-shave

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
The Karve Overlander is pretty mild and its three piece design needs to be twisted to disassemble and reassemble. Plus, it’s available in four different metal types.

lasta

Blade Biter
This is something he'll remember for the rest of his life. I'd say, start with something special, a heirloom razor.

I'd vote give him your FBT!

I think I was around his age when my grandfather offer me a Tech. I was still electro buzzing back then and turned my nose up on the crummy thing. Looking back, I'd give give up every razor I have to go and say yes!

Date
365 days of shaving340/336
(100%)
GRUME December3/31 (100%)
Timor 2/3
Eddison 2/3

Passes3
WXTG (2)CB Curve
Gillette Slide (2nd pass)
(NW-SE | cheeks)
(S-N | neck)
ATGStraight & Slanted
(S-N | cheeks)
(SW-NE | neck)

Razor
Blade
Brush
Gillette NEW Flat Bottom
Timor (4)
Kox Blue Synthetic
Pre-shave
Soap & Bowl
Post-shave
Cold splash
Proraso Geen
Dutchy Bergamot
Kox Enamel
Face lathering
Cold splash
Floïd (AS)
Nivea Sensitive (Balm)

Efficiency
Quality
9/10 (~20 minutes)9.5/10 (Tiny weeper)
EffectivenessComfort
9/10 (BBS)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes to today’s shave:

Thought I would try the Timor blade in an open comb this time. The NFB is a great razor. Efficient and effective while simultaneously providing smoothness. I used the stock handle this time. That is a bit on the thinner side for me, but it makes the razor very nimble.

The combination with the Timor worked out pretty well. Two passes would have been perfectly acceptable. I just took my time and concentrated on reduction rather than speed so did a third pass. Whilst not going ATG on the moustache area and rather slanted still a BBS finish there so pleased with that. The harder parts of my beard ATG with the Timor feel harsher.

Face lathered again today taking time to really build the lather. Actually a zen side to this ritual while building the lather. The Kox Blue is an excellent lather maker at that so the shave was already off too a great start even before the passes.

Now off to do some gardening, get some soaps and pay a visit to the parents. See how my dad has been doing with his KCG I gave him.

Enjoy your day!

Top Bottom