Postshave
Cold splash
Proraso Green
Tallowbac
Kox Enamel
Cold splash
Chanel Allure (balm)

Notes:

i dared to combine my Fatip with a Feather blade thinking that is I can do it with the R41 I should be able to do it with a Fatip. And boy did it deliver! If I would have been just a little more deliberate with my strokes this could have been a one pass DFS/BBS shave!! Amazing!

Tabac performed as usual. Lather was dry in the beginning and this had the effect JAHE referred to earlier - the scent came on stronger in my skin. Very noticeable for the LOTH (‘I still prefer Proraso). With a splash and extra rinse al was well again. Very nice glide and support to blade and razor.

Excellent shave with nice results - not everywhere a full BBS but a DFS was had.

Journal link:

Ponderings from today’s shave can be found here:A newbies journey into DE shaving - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/a-newbies-journey-into-de-shaving.622889/post-11965646
Great job Guido. Normally I can only get two very strong performances from a Feather. Very nice indeed!😊👍💈

Date
365 days of shaving288/287
(100%)
GRUME30/31 (97% out)
OCtober14/31 (100%)
Tabactober8/31 (87%)

Passes2
WTGGillette Slant/Slide
(NE-SW)

ATGStraight
(S-N)

Efficiency & Effectiveness
Quality & Comfort
9/10 (~15 minutes)
8/10 (DFS+)
10/10 (Clean)
9/10 (Buttery smooth)

Razor
Blade
Brush
Fatip OC Special Edition
King C Gillette (26)
Razorock Plissoft 400
Preshave
Soap & Bowl
Postshave
Cold splash
Proraso Green
Proraso Green
Proraso bowl
Cold splash with Proraso face wash
Proraso Green (A/S)
Proraso Green (balm)

Notes:

Everything was good today. Used @tjsgarden ’s lathering method today which interestingly enough gave me a more runny lather than usual at first, but simultaneously also a thicker/more consistent lather. Very nice!

Razor and blade were just wonderful. I could easily use this all week if I have to. I could, but I won’t - too much fun rotating at the moment.

LOTH was very pleased with an all Proraso shave. This is my number one soap as well. I just love it.

Journal link:

Ponderings from today’s shave can be found here:

Well the funny thing is that I have absolutely no idea what I am talking about - I have never tried or smelled Arko in my life! Am thinking about getting Mitchell’s Wool Fat to explore that.

Guido
Guido I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the Mitchell’s Wool Fat!! 😊👍

Track and trace told me today is the day! If you recall I received a very generous PIF from @lasta in two custom made handles. Well, they have arrived!! And I am over the moon with my presents!! They look gorgeous on my NEW Flat Bottom and Flat Bottom Tech - see :001_wub::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup1::

B744BAC8-46F2-4BB9-B380-B1D4980F51BA.jpeg
BA1F413F-794B-4CCB-B1B7-1512C056F5F2.jpeg

And they have marvelous detail as well:

0991BCA6-DC70-4F6E-9EAB-49347CE27C02.jpeg

In fact, they fit with multiple razors in my collection - most specifically with my Razorine Flatboy :thumbup1: :

C4A7D2EB-77B4-4FDF-8C9D-0FE074A08AE2.jpeg

I received my already excellent gifts with a selection of outstanding blades none of which I have in my current collection - so looking forward to shaving with these :laugh::

FDA260A6-D84E-4365-9B04-4328E60EB872.jpeg

And then I was even more lost for words :blink: than I already was...there was yet another item in my package. Low and behold:

CC251FF3-DDF9-4846-B62E-B2BDE39D6D03.jpeg66FA1BBE-ED40-4C64-8D84-ADCEFF8F0A62.jpeg9F99FE88-C59B-4AE4-A9D3-C8F06CBC5078.jpeg

@lasta decided to include a NEW Improved!! :eek2::eek2: I am absolutely JUMPING for joy and wagging my tail :a29:while at the same time I am completely STUNNED by his generosity and kindness for this young (yeah, right!) Dutchman. This is too much!

It is simply amazing and I am lost for words - from the bottom of my heart @lasta: THANK YOU!!! I will literally never forget this day or the day you offered to PIF me the two handles. I was planning on using one of them in tomorrow's shave, but obviously the NEW Improved is winking at me as well. O man! Choices, choices, choices!

Wishing you all the best and prosperity for you and your loved ones. Amazing!!

Best my friend,

Guido.

Track and trace told me today is the day! If you recall I received a very generous PIF from @lasta in two custom made handles. Well, they have arrived!! And I am over the moon with my presents!! They look gorgeous on my NEW Flat Bottom and Flat Bottom Tech - see :001_wub::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup1::

View attachment 1538976View attachment 1538977

View attachment 1538979

In fact, they fit with multiple razors in my collection - most specifically with my Razorine Flatboy :thumbup1: :

View attachment 1538974

I received my already excellent gifts with a selection of outstanding blades none of which I have in my current collection - so looking forward to shaving with these :laugh::

View attachment 1538978

And then I was even more lost for words :blink: than I already was...there was yet another item in my package. Low and behold:

View attachment 1538975View attachment 1538980View attachment 1538981

@lasta decided to include a NEW Improved!! :eek2::eek2: I am absolutely JUMPING for joy and wagging my tail :a29:while at the same time I am completely STUNNED by his generosity and kindness for this young (yeah, right!) Dutchman. This is too much!

It is simply amazing and I am lost for words - from the bottom of my heart @lasta: THANK YOU!!! I will literally never forget this day or the day you offered to PIF me the two handles. I was planning on using one of them in tomorrow's shave, but obviously the NEW Improved is winking at me as well. O man! Choices, choices, choices!

Best my friend,

Guido.
The generosity on B&B never ceases to impress me! Well played @lasta !

Beauftiful handles, I must say (I adore the blue one 🤩)... and the New Improved... wow, that's a classy razor!

Thanks @lasta for making B&B such a special place!

Cheers!

The generosity on B&B never ceases to impress me! Well played @lasta !

Beauftiful handles, I must say (I adore the blue one 🤩)... and the New Improved... wow, that's a classy razor!

Thanks @lasta for making B&B such a special place!

Cheers!
I am completely with you on all accounts! The blue one is amazing and has a nice weight to it as well. This is definitely staying on my Tech. I will find other uses for the Fat handle :biggrin1:.

And tomorrow the NEW Improved will see its debut in my rotation.

Cheers,

Guido.

lasta

Blade Biter
You are more than welcome, enjoy your shaves!

You caught my attention just in time as I placed my second order with the handle maker, I'm glad I'm not the only one using these in the world.

BTW, when I said something in the package will cause pain, I wasn't joking! You will know when you open the tuck.

I don't recommend trying them unless you are VERY strong willed. :em2700:

BTW, when I said something in the package will cause pain, I wasn't joking! You will know when you open the tuck.
Based on the known brand you send along I think which one you are referring to - will take extra precautions.

Guido

View attachment 1538976View attachment 1538977

View attachment 1538979

View attachment 1538974

View attachment 1538978

View attachment 1538975View attachment 1538980View attachment 1538981

Best my friend,

Guido.
WOW! Incredible!! :a14:

Date
365 days of shaving289/288
(100%)
GRUME30/31 (97% out)
OCtober15/31 (100%)
Tabactober9/31 (87%)

Passes2
WTGGillette Slant
(NE-SW)

ATGStraight & Slanted
(S-N | cheeks)
(SW-NE | neck)

Efficiency & Effectiveness
Quality & Comfort
8/10 (~20 minutes)
9/10 (BBS)
8/10 (couple of weepers)
8/10 (fairly smooth)

Razor
Blade
Brush
Gillette NEW Improved
Gillette 7 o’clock black (3)
DVH Synthetic
Preshave
Soap & Bowl
Postshave
Cold splash
Proraso Green
Tallowbac
Kox Enamel
Cold splash
Chanel Allure (balm)

Notes:

Today is the first day of the rest of my life with my PIFfed goodies. I was very looking forward to this shave with an entirely new for me razor courtesy of @lasta.

The NEW Improved is a smooth, intuitive and a gentle yet super effective razor. No blade feel that I remember. Two passes and a BBS was found.

The blade had less of a performance to my feel. Irritation on the neck with some weepers which was a couple of months ago since I had that. Only on its third run so I am assuming this was just a bad blade day and tomorrow is another.

Continue my streak with Tabac and that was as planned. Super rich lather, slick and a perfect glide for the razor. Face lather was ready to build up and De vervulde Hand is a nice little brush with excellent lathering qualities.

I kept my technique simple. Just a slanted stroke for the WTG and maybe slightly slanted for ATG. Alerted my ATG to better fit the beard map. The NEW Improved took care of my trouble spots as if they never existed.

Very nice shave and love my new razor. Razor stand has been customised already to accommodate this new member of the family :001_wub:

Top Bottom