What's new

A Newbie from Canada

Anyone have experience with Qshave brushes? Mine fell apart. Should I
switch to a boar brush? I saw one at Shopper's.
Yes, Shopper's brush is Omega and is a good quality boar brush.
If you fancy the handle go for it!
It takes a bit of break-in period but will serve you great for many years.

Anyone have experience with Qshave brushes? Mine fell apart. Should I
switch to a boar brush? I saw one at Shopper's.

Welcome Erat9999,

Since, you are in Canada, you could check out Italian barber, they have very decent brushes including omega and semogue.

However, my personal fav are Yaqi and you could find their store via the aliexpress app.
Special Yaqi discount code.

Cheers and happy shaves,

Mawashi

Fendrihan and Italian barber both have decent brushes amongst the other decent things they sell. Yaqi or dscosmetics on Alieexpress have some great prices for both synthetic and badger brushes. Occasional sales too. I've recently found Top of the Chain, they're in St Catharines. They have some good prices for brushes and lots of soaps too. Shipping isn't crazy.

I am in Eastern Ontario, outside a little town called Almonte. I am on well water - it is hard and I have a "softerner".

I am new "return" to wet shaving (but this time, I am using a brush and soap-cream) and also recently appreciate the pace and focus on shaving. I usually do 2 passes, but if I want no stubble for hours I go for a touch-up with a third.

I am happy to use my Dad's old (old as me) Gillette Butterfly Razors, and I am happy to use Feather Blades with this. I do not want to keep experimenting with many options, but focus on doing what I have well. If I cannot make it work, then change.

I have used Fendrihan, they are good.

I started with soaps, but I prefer creams. GFT Lime is my preferred, but I am rotating 4 soap-creams with 2 brushes - Vulfix Super Badge and a Thater 4125. All work very well, but irrespective of brush, the GFT gives me the best slide and protection. To ease the rotation, I am going to add one more brush.

Welcome.

Top Bottom