What's new

A Newbie from Canada

Hello All!:

Thanks for welcoming me to the group.

I just signed on to this WOS (Way Of Shaving). Boy, have I been missing something all my shaving life. I've had 3 barber shaves, 2 memorable good, one not so much. Because of the superbe professional shave I had a couple of months ago, I now have a Parker Variant, some Astra SP Platinum blades, an Equinox shavette, a small assortment of soaps and creams and the desire to shave. The last is something I never dreamed would occur. I even turned an ash soap bowl to put my hard soap in, that works very well! I think the oiled interior of the bowl helps generate the lather quite a lot. It foams up much nicer than the plastic bowl my other soap came in.

I was wondering if after 3 passes, should I expect there to be absolutely no stubble detectable? I seem to feel a tiny bit if I rub my cheek a little bit.

Welcome! Lots of great info here. I don't get a BBS shave after 3 passes. I don't try for it. I'm quite prone to irritation on my neck. I think it also depends on your razor and of course your technique.

Welcome to the forum. Like you, it’s been a very happy rediscovering. It has become a pleasant ritual which I look forward every day.
I normally go for a 2 pass shave plus a minor clean up. Never looking for a BBS, just good tidy shave that looks good and smooth. Only for those very special occasions I do 3 passes and perhaps a clean up (WTG, XTG, XTG in the other direction) There are always spots that have a bit behind where the stubble does grow in any particular direction. In my case under the jaw line.
Very smooth in the direction I do the passes some stubble feel in others.
There is a big difference using different razors and blades. The more aggressive, the less cleanup. But all the passes looking for reduction. Currently There are places that I can’t go ATG.
I find that not every shave has to be BBS. Just looking to enjoy the ritual.

Greetings from Santa Rosa, CA

Welcome aboard!

The main thing is ‘beard reduction’ with each pass. With time and improved technique there will be less and less clean up.

Welcome to the board. Nice to have another Canadian on the board. Calling in from Moncton, NB. What part of our great country are calling from?

Anyone have experience with Qshave brushes? Mine fell apart. Should I
switch to a boar brush? I saw one at Shopper's.

Top Bottom