What's new

A New Variation of the Emillion Has Arrived ... and other Rooney goodies!!

It has taken us quite a while for us to deliver on your request, however I am delighted to announce that I have just taken delivery of a limited supply of a larger version of the Rooney Heritage Beehive. The specifics are:

Overall brush height: 102mm
Handle height: 50mm
Brush Loft: 52mm
Knot diameter: 26mm

You may see the new Large Beehive at the Vintage Blades site, along with many other new products from R.A. Rooney, as well as over 30 items on sale at 20% or more off our regular price. Also remember we are offering FREE SHIPPING on all orders of $100 or more through December 15th.

I am delighted to announce that I have just taken delivery of a limited supply of a special production run of the Emillion in faux Horn. However, this is a faux horn unlike you have ever seen from Rooney. The pictures do not really do it justice.

You may see the new Emillion in faux Horn at the Vintage Blades site, along with many other new products from R.A. Rooney, as well as over 30 items on sale at 20% or more off our regular price. Also remember we are offering FREE SHIPPING on all orders of $100 or more through December 15th.

Wow, Stunning! Any chance some of the others in the Heritage line will be similarly offered in faux horn? Not to be greedy or anything :drool:

I am delighted to announce that we have just taken delivery of the long awaited Double Edge Razors from Rooney. Not only do they perfectly match our wonderful Rooney shaving brushes, but they are perfectly balanced and shaped to fit the hand.

The 2-piece head is placed on Rooney's best quality lathe turned, hand polished handles. These razors are available in all three finishes to match our Rooney shaving brushes - Faux Ivory, Ebony, and Horn.

Handle length: 4.0 inches
Overall weight: 2.6 ounces
Head weight: 1.0 ounce
Handle weight: 1.6 ounces

You may see the new Rooney DE Razors at the Vintage Blades site, along with many other new products from R.A. Rooney, as well as over 30 items on sale at 20% or more off our regular price. Also remember we are offering FREE SHIPPING on all orders of $100 or more through December 15th.

I'm sure Merkur supplies the basic heads, but like EJ does, they might do additional work on them to spruce them up a little and make them even better.

That would at least be my guess...

(BTW - they are listed for $69.99 on Jim's site)

No, the heads are not made by Merkur. Lee Sabini tries his best to support companies in the UK. While the heads look like they are from Merkur, a close inspection would show quite different tooling. They are actually made in Sheffield, England.

The one thing you should really like about these razors is the balance. The handle has been weighted perfectly IMO.

This was a "one off" special run for the holidays. We have not had any discussions about what will follow next year. First, you guys have to buy what I already have in stock before I can order anything else. Got to pay the bills first you know. :001_rolle

No, the heads are not made by Merkur. Lee Sabini tries his best to support companies in the UK. While the heads look like they are from Merkur, a close inspection would show quite different tooling. They are actually made in Sheffield, England.

The one thing you should really like about these razors is the balance. The handle has been weighted perfectly IMO.

sounds cool
thanks for the info, Jim

I have gotten a number of question concention the source of the heads on the new DE razors from Rooney. As a result, I emailed Lee Sabini of Rooney for clarification. This just in from Lee:

"The heads where made for me in India then re-plated in Sheffield. All other parts of the razor are made and plated in UK."

My apologies for any confusion over this issue.

I received my Emillion in faux horn this week. It is an excellent brush and is stunning to look at. This really is a special run of brushes so anyone thinking about an Emillion should consider one of these due to their uniqueness. As always, the service from Jim and Erin was first rate and they are an excellent vendor. The special note I received from Erin makes me feel like a valued customer. I highly recommend this company and this brush.

Top Bottom