What's new

A New Twist In Pre-Shave Procedure? FYI and YMMV.

Been pretty much in a standard routine for my shaves. Wet face, soap with or without a pre-shave oil or White Proraso.
WTG. ATG. XTG. and pretty decent results.

This morning I used the Proraso White BETWEEN the 1st and 2nd passes, and got WONDERFUL close, smooth shave action.

Maybe I have been doing this all wrong?

More experiments to follow.

Anyone else try adding products between passes? I can't believe how well that seemed to work out!

You might want to check it on your own beard sometime...

When you say Proraso White, you're talking about the white pre-shave cream and not the white soap right?
Yes, this is a small jar of Pre-Shave that has a strong menthol-ish scent and pretty slick, but not really greasy.
My regular soaps are Arko stick, VDH, and Body Shop Maca Root. (Sometimes Proraso brand White Soap, too, but don't like too much of a menthol smell when I'm shaving...)
And for "whatever reason" the pre-shave oils just don't seem to have any attraction for me. Even make me break out sometimes at age 58... Hate it when THAT happens.
LOL...
~

Thanks. Maybe I should try it. I don't find oil to have noticeable benefit and it has a dissipating effect on lather, which I hate.

Top Bottom