What's new

a new razor which one?

Hi was thinking of getting a new DE razor i have a wilkenson sward clasic one which iv had for about a month. now i would like to get somthing a bit better, was mabey thinking about getting a Merkur Futur but iv heard the blade is a pain to replace on it and the vision one is a bit to expencive for me.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
If you're fairly new to all this, I'd suggest sticking with a fixed head (non-adjustable) razor for a while. The Merkur HD is a no brainer for new razors, and if you prefer vintage, a Gillette super speed is a great place to start.

I started on the Wilkonson handle too. (Covered in black plastic?)

I upgraded to the Vision2000. A hurried purchase that I do not regret. I understand that it is bl**dy expensive. I don't use the adjustment much, unless I fancy cutting more than just my beard off!

If I were to do ths again I'd probably try the Merkur 23 or 34 (HD) available from The Gentleman's Shop in the UK. This type of razor gets a great review on this website from many users.

yea it is the Wilkonson DE with the black plastic i would like to go for a adjustable one i think i'll probale go for the Merkur Futur one thanks for your help

If you're looking for an adjustable check out the Gillette Slim, as in read the reviews about it etc. I've been using one for a short time now and I really like it. It has become my go to razor. :biggrin:

jduffy said:
If you're looking for an adjustable check out the Gillette Slim, as in read the reviews about it etc. I've been using one for a short time now and I really like it. It has become my go to razor. :biggrin:

Ill second the Gillette Slim - it is my favourite razor.. Good, controllable, and with a bit heft to it.. Great !

if there was a B&B razor id probaly get that, but i would like to get a new razor not a second-hand one think i'll go for a merkur one

i'm a month into this. i was set on getting a merkur vision or futur, and was talked out of it by more experienced wet shavers. i got the merkur progress, and am very glad i did. i'm getting great shaves with it at its lowest setting, and after the first couple of shaves no nicks or bloodletting.

I'd agree with these posts. The slim handle adjustable is fantastic in my view. I moved from Wilkinson sword classic (same as yours) to Gillette superspeed, to the thin/long handled adjustable and it's by far the best shave.
Good luck in your quest:biggrin:
Chagidiel said:
Ill second the Gillette Slim - it is my favourite razor.. Good, controllable, and with a bit heft to it.. Great !

I love my futur and hd and hd slant. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the suggestions in this post.

I love my futur
If you are capable of shaving with a DE without cutting yourself, then you will have no problem changing the blade!

Adjustable razors are great, but if you're still new, I'd stick with a standard fixed head. Merkur makes wonderful razors at reasonable prices. I would recommend the HD personally. If you feel you're up to an aggressive razor you may want to go for a Slant. It's definately sharper, but can yield some excellent shaves. Also if you're a bigger person, especially one with large hands a Merkur Long Handle might be a good choice. But I would go with an HD, its a great razor than will yield great shaves.

I'd agree with these posts. The slim handle adjustable is fantastic in my view. I moved from Wilkinson sword classic (same as yours) to Gillette superspeed, to the thin/long handled adjustable and it's by far the best shave.
Good luck in your quest:biggrin:
UPDATE: After getting both the Merkur HD and Progress I find them both great. They have much different characteristics than the Gillettes, but both are great in their own ways. Sorry for adding more confusion to your question!:001_unsur

Top Bottom