What's new

A new LAMY!

I have a LAMY 2000 black Makrolon fountain pen with a medium nib. I wanted a new LAMY that is blue and has a fine nib.

I settled upon a limited edition Aion fountain pen because it has such a striking blue body.

20200910_120517.jpg

At first I was a little concerned that the line was a bit thicker than I had hoped for. But, with a little practice easing off the pressure I got a really nice line thickness.

What I particularly love about the Aion is the "beefiness" of the pen body and the two-tone blue.

20200910_120424.jpg

I have tried Noodler's Ink Liberty's Elysium blue in the pen as well as LAMY's Crystal ink Azurite. I definitely prefer the latter (pictured above) as it has a deeper, almost purplish hue to it.

Tim

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Don't use Baystate Blue - this is a beautiful ink - but it ate my Lami Safari...

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
what do you mean by ‘ate’? Corroded some component of the nib+feed?
The feed: destroyed it, ate it, I do not know how to better describe it. Baystate Blue is a very nice color, but the ink is very aggressive
You may want to do a search here for more info on it.

If I may, take it with a pinch of salt, but doesn't this speak loudly against Lamy's quality? I mean how many Lamy's have been 'eaten' by this ink ?
How many other pens have been damaged by the same ink? I do believe you but an ink with these aggressive capabilities could be used in a MOD lab as a new anti tank weapon :) (ironic twist)
This said I prefer to stick to inks such as Parker, Waterman, Diamine, Pelikan. But this is my personal view.

If I may, take it with a pinch of salt, but doesn't this speak loudly against Lamy's quality? I mean how many Lamy's have been 'eaten' by this ink ?
How many other pens have been damaged by the same ink? I do believe you but an ink with these aggressive capabilities could be used in a MOD lab as a new anti tank weapon :) (ironic twist)
This said I prefer to stick to inks such as Parker, Waterman, Diamine, Pelikan. But this is my personal view.
It happens. I've had seals go bad on Pelikan pistons, sacs deteriorate faster in vintage pens, etc. I figured it was user error for a long time. Then I started branching out ink brands. I noticed most of the problems happened after using certain Noodler's inks in that pen for bit (Yes they were flushed every couple of fills).) I've drawered all of them but BSIAR and Noodler's Blue. There are plenty of other high saturated inks that cause problems (I can't get Organic Studios Nitrogen to start or not clog the day after filling). Our anecdotes aren't the only ones. Different pens/materials interact differently. There are plenty of people who have never noticed a problem but there are also a handful that have. If you search any pen forum you'll find plenty of threads on Baystate Blue and there are a good chunk of them not regards to the staining of barrels, feeds, caps, cloths, cats.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Congrats great looking pen!

Ever since a rep from FC told me about some dangers associated with noodlers ive avoided that brand even though i have several bottles. I tend to neglect my pens by loading and forgetting im sure others who religiously clean it out have less to worry about.

Top Bottom