What's new

A new entry. The Dart from Blackland.....

In full production as I write this. Will be available very soon.
All SS construction made 100% here in the Good'Ol USA.
Complete razor top cap, base plate and handle under $100. Plus a 30 day no hassle ride. Shane and Blackland have answered the call.... :thumbup1:

iZiLUTr.jpg

Oh my!

You are a tease! :D Intersting ... it looks like Blackland is using alignment "pins" instead of "oval tabs" to hold the blade in place, similar to the Merkur 34C.

Any idea where the Dart fits in relative to the Blackbird? The picture makes it look like a very smooth shaver ... I'm sold if there's an OC variant.

Thanks for the initial information. Looking forward to more information on this one as it becomes available.

Wow that sounds like a winner especially at that price! Seems like there’s a trend in lower priced high quality razors lately. Colonial started it a couple of yrs ago and now we have several to choose from.
Good news for the wet shaving community in my opinion.

Thanks Gus for posting the info!
:a14:

This looks interesting. I've heard a lot about how recent razors like the Paradigm razors have set the bar quite high. I'm hoping this one will match or set the bar higher.

The head appears quite a bit beefier and more compact than your pictures @GlazedBoker. Just optical illusion perhaps?

Anyway, a bit too space age-y for me.

Perhaps most likely just optics and the angle. I’m lining up for one, love the handle. Blackbird and a Segal razor had a kid, this would be it....

What?
Another new razor no one will remember in 2 years time?
The more new razors on the market, the quicker they all will go bankrupt.
Only the cartridges will survive!
Again!

I'm unclear about the historical precedent you seem to be referring to. How many competitors in the DE market do you think Gillette had in 1971? (Schick, Stahly...umm). By my reckoning most had been dispatched by WW2 and never returned, nothing to do with cartridges that emerged decades later. I'm sure the wartime distruption was a pretty significant factor in the reduced number of new DE razors entering the market in the 50s, as was Gillette's dominance in national TV advertising.

What?
Another new razor no one will remember in 2 years time?
The more new razors on the market, the quicker they all will go bankrupt.
Only the cartridges will survive!
Again!

Last edited:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
It is a very nice looking razor, and the price seems reasonable compared to others. Makes me think about another purchase. Can I justify it to LOTH though?

Top Bottom