What's new

A new brush for birthday, Edwin Jagger synthetic?

Agreed. I've got an M sized Muhle STF in Olive Wood (31H250) which, I think, is one of the newer models in the classic handle shape and it's changing my views on synthetics and slowly becoming my favorite brush.

I also would like to say that we hobbyist have a necessity to put versions in products (in my opinion rightly so), but some companies, like Muhle, don't broadcast those changes and are not very transparent in that regard. Maybe what we call a V2 it's actually a v3 or v4, we don't know.

Some Muhle brush photos like the replacement STF knot in some official sites (and online stores) is very old and doesn't match the knot I got in my 31H250 brush.

Well said.

I'm fact, after the v1 was discontinued in 2012, the first iteration of the v2 had a high defect rate where the knot would get a donut in the middle.

Then they revised the knot but still known as v2.

Then around 2017 or so, it seemed that the silvertip fibre v2 went from white-ish tips to the current yellowish tips (and an even softer face feel IME).

So indeed the current v2 could actually be the v4!!

The replacement brush has arrived, it is stiffer than the Muhle but the tips are soft and don't sting. In addition a shaving cream (to compensate for shipping costs to return the defective brush) and a small handwritten letter. Excellent assistance.

Top Bottom