What's new

A Moderator Shaves The Beard For Charity

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member

The time has come when a 19 month old beard gets shaved off! And it's for a great cause.

Some of you may remember me posting a thread back in 2015 about my beard growing dilemma. My best friend asked if I would grow a beard for her wedding and I agreed. Here is the thread and full story: To grow a beard or not to grow a beard?

So when the day came to start the beard growing I created a thread to keep everyone updated. Here's that thread along with photos of the journey: Hi, I'm A Beard and I'm Growing A Jason For A Year.

And a nifty video that shows pictures of the year of growing, soft of time lapse:

So let's get to the reason I've decided to shave and the charity that will benefit.

It started in 2015 with a tongue in cheek comment “You should grow a beard for my wedding”. Well, that’s exactly what I did. I’m Jason, and I’ve been growing a beard for 19 months. As I stated it all started from a comment made by my best friend, Caroline. She was getting married in 2016 and I was one of her bridesmaids, or as I like to call it; bromaid. Weather she was serious or not, who really knows? But I was serious with my beard growing. So, I started growing The Beard October 22nd, 2015 and on the day of her wedding (Oct. 22, 2016) it would be exactly 1 year old. The Beard (yes, it is a proper noun) and I decided we needed a good reason to shave. So, after the wedding it remained attached to me until we could find that reason. Which brings us to where we are now. In 2009 Caroline’s father passed away due to mesothelioma. He was a great man that fought hard until the very end. Once again, she presented me with a brilliant idea; why not shave the beard to help raise funds for mesothelioma research? Once again, I’m all in! The Beard and I have been attached to each other for roughly 19 months. It’s my pleasure to put The Beard on the line and help raise funds for mesothelioma research.

So when is The Beard departing my face?

June 12th! I'll be visiting Caroline during that week and I'll do the shaving while she does the filming.

If you'd like to make a donation to mesothelioma research I've created a donation page at Crowdwise to take donations. You can find out more about mesothelioma here: Mesothelioma Applied Research Foundation

DONATE HERE: Click here to support Shave The Beard for a Cure by Jason Jones

Unfortunately, PayPal is not an option. If you prefer to use PayPal send me a message here and I'll provide you with my personal PayPal and I'll make the donation on your behalf.

Here is the most recent photo of The Beard
IMG_4438.JPG

Thanks for your time and donations! And most importantly for not kicking me off B&B while I've been growing The Beard!

But wait...there's more! Captain's Choice has contacted me and they are graciously offering 3 donors the choice of a bottle of aftershave, tub of shaving soap, bottle of post shave balm, or a tub of their shave cream. WOW! And he's confirmed free samples to all 3 winners!!

So everyone that makes a donation will be entered in to a drawing for one of the above mentioned Captain's Choice products!! Thanks Captain!

static1.squarespace.com.jpeg

But wait ......there even more!!!!

A very generous member is offering A Slim and a Fatboy! All donors will be entered to win one of these razors! Woo!!

IMG_1515.JPG

IMG_1516.JPG

Last edited:
Great job Jason!
It will be sad to see it go, but it's for a good cause. Looks like an epic razor to shave an epic beard, can't wait to see the video.

That razor is intimidating!
you will be fine just take it very slow and know where the toe and heal are at all times. I can send you a more "Normal" straight if you want. just let me know. but this one is a smooth shaver and heavy enough to tackle "The Beard", LOL, and I can mute the tips of the toe and heal a bit if you need me to

Top Bottom