What's new

A mini Falcon review after first smoke.

Glad your enjoying the falcon 👍. I'm a big fan. Might even be my favorite system pipe. Mine have given me better smokes than my radiator pipe. Although that may be because my radiator is a stubby. They are great pipes though. Interesting about the threading. My bowls thread on easy. I've had good luck too with a small section of a pipe cleaner to catch moisture. There are so many variations of falcons.

20180407_135031.jpg

20180110_211953.jpg

20180123_221146.jpg

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Glad your enjoying the falcon 👍. I'm a big fan. Might even be my favorite system pipe. Mine have given me better smokes than my radiator pipe. Although that may be because my radiator is a stubby. They are great pipes though. Interesting about the threading. My bowls thread on easy. I've had good luck too with a small section of a pipe cleaner to catch moisture. There are so many variations of falcons.

View attachment 1163252

View attachment 1163253

View attachment 1163251
That last large bowl speaks to me...love it. I see more bowls and stems in my future as long as this one continues to perform as well as it has.

That last large bowl speaks to me...love it. I see more bowls and stems in my future as long as this one continues to perform as well as it has.

There may be some more in mine as well. Would like a couple other of the variants as well as a plane jane basic one haha. I once saw a chimney bowl with beehive rings that was pretty neat as well.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
There may be some more in mine as well. Would like a couple other of the variants as well as a plane jane basic one haha. I once saw a chimney bowl with beehive rings that was pretty neat as well.

Short and long ribbed chimneys are available over here

18566__big.jpg

18565__big.jpg

45mm (1.3/4") deep and 57mm (2.1/4") deep respectively.

If I do warm to this pipe system, the next bowl on my list will be a meer lined rustic snifter.

12526__big.jpg

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member

View attachment 1163252

View attachment 1163253

View attachment 1163251

I love that stack

Short and long ribbed chimneys are available over here

View attachment 1163293
View attachment 1163292

45mm (1.3/4") deep and 57mm (2.1/4") deep respectively.

If I do warm to this pipe system, the next bowl on my list will be a meer lined rustic snifter.

View attachment 1163295
Might have to grab one of the ribbed stacks. I really like the stack bowl on the falcon for aromatics. The cooling of the aluminum frame and the depth of the bowl really seem to help keep aromatics cooler and more dry. At least for the first 3/4 of the bowl.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Nope, sorry. ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

They do look cool. I really like the idea of swapping bowls. And I haven't found a cheaper meerschaum lined bowl. But I'm having trouble getting past the looks .
I was the same. I'm not in love with the look of radiators, kirstens, or the Falcon...I'm just on a quest to smoke every pipe ever made apparently :lol:

Of the ones I've mentioned I own a radiator and a falcon and both smoke excellent so there is that...and as you've stated rookie, you'd be hard pressed to find a less expensive meerschaum option.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I wrote this on a deleted thread so I’m going to paste it here since I wrote it. No use to waste a great piece of literature:

These pipes have been around for years and I’ve never heard any complaints about their performance. Changeable bowls is a great concept. Perhaps every pipe smoker should own one. Maybe even I, a died in the wool old codger, may have a Falcon one day. In fact I may have at some time and forgotten about it. I do remember having a pipe with a metal stem in college - could have been a Falcon

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I think I am going to give one a try. One question. You mentioned "long pipe cleaners". Does this pipe require longer pipe cleaners?

Mine needs thinner pipe cleaners, not longer pipe cleaners. Brandon can get away with his regular ones, possibly because the mouthpiece on his is straight. My regular tapered cleaners won't do it.

Falcon do have extra thin pipe cleaners, and I can get Wilson of Sharrow extra thin ones too.

Top Bottom