What's new

A milestone passed.

Today is the first time I have ever been able to shave more than 2 days in a row without horrible red splotches and massive razor burn/ingrown hair. Still figuring everything out. But glad to see what a difference has come along in just under 2 weeks. Thanks for all the help!

Today is the first time I have ever been able to shave more than 2 days in a row without horrible red splotches and massive razor burn/ingrown hair. Still figuring everything out. But glad to see what a difference has come along in just under 2 weeks. Thanks for all the help!

That is a milestone that shouldn't be underestimated. My first razor was defective and I didn't know it. I blamed myself for the poor results and kept trying to use the thing for a couple of weeks. Finally I worked up the nerve to e-mail one of our vendors and he was able to diagnose the problem and hook me up with the same kind of razor he uses himself. That was the breakthrough I needed.

The appeal of the cartridges and disposables is skipping the learning curve. I didn't learn how to shave until I was 54. You're probably learning the direction in which your whiskers are growing, and to let the razor do the work rather than applying too much pressure on stubborn areas. You're also learning how to protect your face with the right amount of water content in your lather.

Like I said, I had been shaving an awfully long time before I got my act together. Sounds like you're coming along a lot faster with less help than I needed. :wink2:

Congrats, just keep working on your technique and things will get even better.

Be sure to ask for any other help or advice you might need.

Sounds like you are making good progress there, Koni. Excellent.:thumbup1: Take it slow and easy, and it will all fit in to place in no time at all.:001_smile

proxy.php

Welcome, Koni. Don't be afraid to ask for advice

Not at all, just been fortunate enough to have one of two conditions met.

1. Found my answer by searching.
2. Kind fellow seekers happen to be in chat when I need something.

Kyle's prep opened my eyes to a vast shavescape I could not previously imagine, the interactive guides were very useful, and everyone hanging out in chat have been awesome!

Top Bottom