What's new

A*Men Pure Shot

From "others":

A*Men Pure Shot is Thierry Mugler's new 2012 Limited edition scent from its A Men Collection, which includes the original A Men from 1996, A Men Pure Coffee from 2008, A Men Pure Malt from 2009 and A Men Pure Havane from 2011.

The inspiration for Pure Shot comes from famous South African Paralympic Athlete Oscar Pistorius, who had both legs amputated while still an infant due to a birth defect and yet today is known for his amazing achievements as a sprinter in International Sport events. Pistorious has won several medals and holds the records of 100m 200m and 400m sprints. Pistorious is also the inspiratation for Pure Shot advertising which features an athlete running with prosthetics and carbon fiber blades.

Pure Shot is described as a fresh, aromatic, spicy, woody scent. The note pyramid include icy mint and juniper berries at the top, heart notes of cardamom and white pepper, and base notes of sequoia and patchouli.

The perfumer for A Men Pure Shot is Jacques Huclier of Givaudan, who is the creator of the original A Men as well as the more recent flankers.

proxy.php

From me:

I must admit, I had never heard of Oscar Pistorius, and while I don't think I'm more influenced by marketing than most others, this concept of the inspiration for a fragrance coming from a paraplegic athlete completely intrigued me.

But let me talk about the fragrance. I know that some will automatically dismiss this as "just another A*Men flanker", and I understand that. But I like some of the A*Men flankers, especially Pure Havane. I don't wear the original A*Men as it's a little too harsh for my tastes, nor do I care for B*Men, as the rhubarb just doesn't appeal to me. And the sample of Ice Men didn't jazz me, either. But since I really like Pure Havane, and also enjoy Pure Coffee and Pure Malt I wanted to give this new frag with the interesting advertising a try.

My initial impression is very positive. This seems to be very far removed from the original A*Men, as well as the other flankers. This strikes me as having a vibe like that of Chanel Allure Homme Sport, or Dior Homme Sport, both of which I enjoy. The mint is well blended in the opening, not over the top. And I think I've liked every scent that I've tried so far that has juniper berries, as well as cardamom. The sequoia and patchouli combine to give it a woodsy feel without taking away from the sharpness and spiciness of the mint and white pepper.

To me, this is a well blended scent, and while the mint gives it a cool, freshness, I also get the impression that this is a fragrance that those who like old school, barber shop style scents would also enjoy, as crazy and contradictory as that sounds.

And if you are like me, and don't know Oscar Pistorius, you have to watch this amazing athlete.

Last edited by a moderator:
To me, this is a well blended scent, and while the mint gives it a cool, freshness, I also get the impression that this is a fragrance that those who like old school, barber shop style scents would also enjoy, as crazy and contradictory as that sounds.

you are crazy. Thanks for the heads up on this. I'm a huge fan of pure malt and pure havana... but have disagreements with just about everything else in their lineup. I'll definitely be on the lookout for a tester of this.

Top Bottom