What's new

"A man should know his limitations"

A quote I've been living with most of my life.

Long story short......after a week of waiting, I got my second "Silver Ring" SR in the mail today. It's a beautiful razor (it "speaks" to me!), however....the seller posted carefully chosen pictures, and I was not able to see the "issues". There are few, but the most problematic one (for me anyway), is the crooked pivot pin! I know what I can, and can't do, and "repining" the scales is NOT on the list of the things I can do. I didn't want to return the razor, (like I said,...it "speaks" to me) for I'm sure I will never find another one like it. Looks like Bubba was busy with this one, and used a NAIL (!!) to pin the top! Not only that it's not flush with the scales, it's also crooked (badly), to the point that scales are not lined up.

Anyway,....I was wondering if there is a gentleman on this board who could pop the top pin out, and properly pin it for me? I would of course cover the shipping cost both ways, and compensate for the time (and the proper pin!) involved. I reside in Idaho, but I'm willing to ship it anywhere in CONUS. Like I said,.....I KNOW my limitations, and I can not attempt to do this, or this beautiful piece will turn into junk.

Thank you in advance, whoever you are.

I would have offered but had you lived in the UK would not have been a problem, but it's way to far to ship from the states to here when members are that side of the pond.

But Alan will do a fantastic job I'm sure, but just to add they use Nickle Silver nails even today to pin razors as they use the head on the show side of a razor.

But it looks like they never used the cup washers on yours that's why it looked odd.

I did "live" in UK (spending all my summer vacations in my youth in London with my aunt), but I was "born to be a cowboy", and the open spaces of the American West were calling me.

I am overwhelmed with the generous offer I got from Alan, and my marriage Silver Ring will be on the way to San Diego in the morning. Living in the Idaho mountains has it's perks, but convenience is not one of them. I own 1100 acres, about 20 miles from the nearest (small) town. No services that people in populated areas take for granted. Over the years (since my retirement) I participated on numerous Internet forums (firearms, cars, motorcycles, high end watches, airplanes), but almost all of them turn hostile at one time or another, and for a newb to receive any help, is almost unheard of (until one is not a "newb" any more). This board is unusually welcoming, calm, civil, and polite. I guess only real gentlemen are wet shaving aficionados, and it reflects in the way you all communicate, and treat each other. I'm in the right place.

It's all just a giant, carefully-orchestrated scam to get people to mail us their razors ;)
Exactly. Spend hundreds of hours on B&B posting and building relationships with other members so one day someone will send you a razor worth a couple hundred bucks and then... boom! See you later suckers! 🤪

I kid. I am a newbie here and have belonged to many other online communities (musical instruments, knives, wine, cigars, fashion,etc.) and B&B had the best member community of any I have frequented.

It's all just a giant, carefully-orchestrated scam to get people to mail us their razors ;)
If we are on the vintage Rolex forum, I might have some apprehension, although I mailed those across the country before. This razor (as beautiful, and interesting as it is) is worth less than the cigar I smoked after dinner last night.

I did "live" in UK (spending all my summer vacations in my youth in London with my aunt), but I was "born to be a cowboy", and the open spaces of the American West were calling me.

I am overwhelmed with the generous offer I got from Alan, and my marriage Silver Ring will be on the way to San Diego in the morning. Living in the Idaho mountains has it's perks, but convenience is not one of them. I own 1100 acres, about 20 miles from the nearest (small) town. No services that people in populated areas take for granted. Over the years (since my retirement) I participated on numerous Internet forums (firearms, cars, motorcycles, high end watches, airplanes), but almost all of them turn hostile at one time or another, and for a newb to receive any help, is almost unheard of (until one is not a "newb" any more). This board is unusually welcoming, calm, civil, and polite. I guess only real gentlemen are wet shaving aficionados, and it reflects in the way you all communicate, and treat each other. I'm in the right place.

I was going to move to Canada but sadly too old to go so looks like I'm stuck here, but no this is a great place to be everyone is very friendly that's why I stayed just over 4 years ago in June I will have been a member for 5 years and its flown by...

Yes everyone is very helpful in every-way

No if we did that we would have nobody to enable and it would be boring, but we could go Polabear hunting...

Top Bottom