What's new

A Lotta' Scritch for Very Little Scratch

Greetings Badger Lovers!
Today I had the pleasure of using a badger brush marketed by Baudelaire Soaps under the Provence Santé label. Today was the first use so I can not address many of the longer term questions, but I can say I felt as though I was teleported back in time 45 years! The feel of the bristles reminded me a my second brush..

Made with a pleasant redware ceramiic hilt, it contains dark badger tapers(Best Badger probably is the correct term). Here is a closeup after the four pass metric:

full

The lather you see is the lovely Provence Santé soap that also can be purchased in a matching redware bowl. Hey, gotta keep it coordinated! You can never tell when Martha Stewart (It's a GOOD THING!) might stop by the ol' shave shack..:wink2:

Here's another shot giving a bit more perspective.

full

or take a look at My SOTD.

A votré santé!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Andrew,
You must be living in a rather civilized section of Baja OK! We really have to scurry to find anything this esoteric here in the Belt Buckle. What is especially nice about this ensemble is once every couple of months I get to use my redware matchies!:smile: I really enjoy the soap and will probably give both the brush and the soap another spin tomorrow with the Thé Verte Aftershave and EdT as opposed to the Verlain I used today. The Verlain is the same scent as the soap and you get to enjoy the lather in your mind's eye through the scent.:tongue_sm

I have to say, Ron, that for a while there I saw you using the PS soap with another brush. I thought to myself, "I know they make a matching brush, and yet, I don't see it in Ron's SOTD. How can this possibly be?"

I am glad to see that the earth has continued its rotation.:tongue_sm

rtaylor61 said:
Ron,

Is your rotation posted in Xcel??? How does this brush compare to the $35 C&E brush?

Randy
Haha!!:lol: You've been looking over my shoulder. I am building an M$ Access database of all my shaving goodies. Getting the structure right should allow me to have the computer take care of my rotation by either shaving soap or cologne or brush or razor! It's become a bit of work to track the 60+ soaps and creams...:blushing:

Stay tuned for more pictures later today... The brushes have similarities and differences. Part of the appeal of this brush is the redware hilt. Redware is not cheap to produce and adds to the price of this brush. I'll have to take a comparison shot for you and throw a few thoughts and recollections at it. They are both good basic brushes. But I have only two shaves on this one and hundreds (perhaps a thousand or more) on the Ed. Jagger for Crabtree & Evelyn.

Greetings Badger Brushers!
Yesterday I posted my mini review of the Baudelaire Provence Santé redware and badger brush. I failed to give you a picture of the brush with its bundle of badger unobscured by that luscious Provence Santé soap. To make up for that I got up extra early this AM and took these shots before my shave so that you can get the perspective you may need.

full

Up Close and Personal

full

Some Perspective Reference to the Futur​

By the way for you that may be interested in buying the soap with bowl and brush, Baudelaire sells them as a set in a wooden box.

Randy, perhaps this evening I will make the great sacrifice and do another shave with the Ed. Jagger for Crabtree and Evelyn Best Badger and this soap, with pictures of course.:biggrin:

guenron said:
rtaylor61 said:
Ron,

Is your rotation posted in Xcel??? How does this brush compare to the $35 C&E brush?

Randy
Haha!!:lol: You've been looking over my shoulder. I am building an M$ Access database of all my shaving goodies. Getting the structure right should allow me to have the computer take care of my rotation by either shaving soap or cologne or brush or razor! It's become a bit of work to track the 60+ soaps and creams...:blushing:

Stay tuned for more pictures later today... The brushes have similarities and differences. Part of the appeal of this brush is the redware hilt. Redware is not cheap to produce and adds to the price of this brush. I'll have to take a comparison shot for you and throw a few thoughts and recollections at it. They are both good basic brushes. But I have only two shaves on this one and hundreds (perhaps a thousand or more) on the Ed. Jagger for Crabtree & Evelyn.
Okay Randy,
Attempting to keep my word, here are three shots of the two brushes, side by side. Please forgive the parallax distortion, but I was zoomed in Sooooo FAR! But I type too much.. So without further ado.

full

Provence Santé Poignée Rouge Ed. Jagger for Crabtree & Evelyn Best Badger

full

Provence Santé Poignée Rouge Ed. Jagger for Crabtree & Evelyn Best Badger Overhead

full

Provence Santé Poignée Rouge Ed. Jagger for Crabtree & Evelyn Best Badger Aspect Rt​

Remember the new brush is two days used while the old brush was used for three years, every day.. Hope this helps. The new brush seems a bit scritchier..

Yeah, I'm digging this up from the archives. I got this set as a gift today, and have yet to use it, but the soap, the brush and the set were all on sale for 50% off at Beauty First in College Station. I don't know if that means it will be everywhere, but if you like this, it might be worth checking out.

BBRex said:
Yeah, I'm digging this up from the archives. I got this set as a gift today, and have yet to use it, but the soap, the brush and the set were all on sale for 50% off at Beauty First in College Station. I don't know if that means it will be everywhere, but if you like this, it might be worth checking out.
Wish I needed a second at that price!:thumbup1:

Top Bottom