What's new

A Look Into My One Year Anniversary Of Wet Shaving.

Greetings Gentlemen.

I've celebrated my One year wet shaving anniversary in December and i'm very pleased at how far i've come. A side from one day a week, I shave everyday. Three of those Six shaves a week I would classify as DFS. I'm still working on the blade angle and pressure around my jugular and adams apple as the hair grows outwards towards my ears and razor burn is most likely to occur there.

Razors

I was fortunate to pick up a H2 Slim and a S1 Black Beauty off the B/S/T forum. After a number of shaves with each (nothing above four as my beard is light - moderate), I couldn't get a consistent shave as I do with my 34C. Realistically, blade gap, Blade (Astra SP, Bic Chrome), and technique I feel have a lot to do with the SAS I was getting with them both. None the less I'm happy I had a chance to experience using two highly regarded safety razors.

Soaps

I also acquired a few soaps from B/S/T. RazoRock and Mikes Natural. I prefer the soft soap over the hard. My bowl lathering technique has increased tremendously, finding the sweet spot in the bowl with the perfect amount of water has greatly increased my shaving experience. I can now relate to people when discussing the difference between quality soaps. Creating a rich, creamy, thick, and slick lather.

I was gifted TOBS Sandalwood shave cream and Proraso Red shave cream. These are my first experiences with creams. I love how quickly a lather can build during a bowl lather or face lather however I have a tendency to put an excess on which leads to waste.

Brushes

I've acquired a few brushes. VDH Boar, Bass Boar, Wilkinson Sword Boar, Edwin Jagger Super Badger, and a unknown Pure Badger (Photo below). I enjoy the soft, floppy feeling of the badgers however the stiffness of the the boar adds to a better scrub. I haven't gotten to the point where the boars are fully broken in.

After Shaves

I've tried most local dime store splashes. Brut being my favorite. AV Musk gives me headaches.
Royale Lime is my only experience with lime. This I will buy again.

Future Purchases

In the upcoming year I'm interested in trying a Late 40's Super Speed, A Semogue Owners Club Boar, and a bay rum aftershave. Castle Forbes Lime and a DB89L are also in the mix however I must get through my Williams Mug first.

When the steam settles, and the razor has been cleaned and put away, I look back and reflect of what an fantastic venture into the world of wet shaving it has been. Never would I have thought that with a few changes the mundane task of cartridge shaving, could turn it into a harmonious morning ritual.

Thank you B&B,

Warm regards,

Brijann

$IMG_0705.jpg

Top Bottom