What's new

A look at Yintal Bronze, 1 1/2 years later

This has been my go-to razor for the last 1 1/2 years. I shave about every 3 days, so it has registered something close to 200 shaves so far.

I thought of providing a mini-review in case someone is wondering how this razor holds up over time.

IMG_20210623_104456.jpgIMG_20210623_104550.jpg

In general I am super picky about things, but this razor has given me absolutely nothing to complain about. The blade alignment is great (I don't even check anymore), the audio and other sensory feedback is great, and the aggression is great too (I'd say mid to high aggression). Under normal circumstances, it never clogs; I only managed to clog it once, when shaving off a 2-week stubble/beard, and I just had to regularly unscrew it a bit and place it under running water.

The handle is made of brass, and the head is alloy with a glossy coating (electroplating). The razor still looks brand new, there has been zero deterioration as far as I can tell (no discoloration or scratches).

Overall, I would rate this as one of my top buys, especially considering that I paid 12 euros for it

This has been my go-to razor for the last 1 1/2 years. I shave about every 3 days, so it has registered something close to 200 shaves so far.

I thought of providing a mini-review in case someone is wondering how this razor holds up over time.

View attachment 1286080View attachment 1286082

In general I am super picky about things, but this razor has given me absolutely nothing to complain about. The blade alignment is great (I don't even check anymore), the audio and other sensory feedback is great, and the aggression is great too (I'd say mid to high aggression). Under normal circumstances, it never clogs; I only managed to clog it once, when shaving off a 2-week stubble/beard, and I just had to regularly unscrew it a bit and place it under running water.

The handle is made of brass, and the head is alloy with a glossy coating (electroplating). The razor still looks brand new, there has been zero deterioration as far as I can tell (no discoloration or scratches).

Overall, I would rate this as one of my top buys, especially considering that I paid 12 euros for it

Excellent razor. Love mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, that is the only Yintal 3-piece I don't have. I have the short handled black handle and the all-chrome, also the one with the brass tube on the handle. Every one of them I have 2. Also have the long handled chrome version of yours (2 pcs). That should tell you how much I like them. I didn't buy the brass one, why should I? All these razors are made by Weishi. But if you want to buy a Weishi only the long handle chrome is available. All the other versions are exclusively made for Yintal. Beware because fakes are circulating, and the only way to spot it is the shape of the safety guard.
I have been using the cheapest of them all Yintal black handle razor - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/yintal-black-handle-razor.545116/ for more than 2 years and it is exactly as I bought it. Currently more than 120 shaves.

Well, that is the only Yintal 3-piece I don't have. I have the short handled black handle and the all-chrome, also the one with the brass tube on the handle. Every one of them I have 2. Also have the long handled chrome version of yours (2 pcs). That should tell you how much I like them. I didn't buy the brass one, why should I? All these razors are made by Weishi. But if you want to buy a Weishi only the long handle chrome is available. All the other versions are exclusively made for Yintal. Beware because fakes are circulating, and the only way to spot it is the shape of the safety guard.
I have been using the cheapest of them all Yintal black handle razor - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/yintal-black-handle-razor.545116/ for more than 2 years and it is exactly as I bought it. Currently more than 120 shaves.
There is also another variant that had entered the Greek market 1-2 years ago under the name Nipavo Pogotonomia DE safety razor, selling for around 13 euros (+ 5 feather blades) and getting great reviews overall.
20201210114308_73e9e9ad.jpeg

I've been thinking of buying a second one to have in stock, but probably with the heavy duty handle: 14.62US $ 23% OFF|Double Edge Safety Razor Metal Classic Manual Single Blade Razor Heavy Duty Handle ShaverWet Shaving Tool|Razor| - AliExpress - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001993549411.html

Top Bottom