What's new

A LONG lasting “lime” scent - the “holy grail” of fragrances?

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
St Johns West Indian Lime in Cologne strength. They were selling their small batch produced after the 2017 hurricanes that destroyed much of their facilities on eBay at about 2/3 off earlier this year. No idea if it's gone, but you can check. Lime with vetiver, which seems to hold the lime for several hours.

View attachment 1313176

That looks great!

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
St Johns West Indian Lime in Cologne strength. They were selling their small batch produced after the 2017 hurricanes that destroyed much of their facilities on eBay at about 2/3 off earlier this year. No idea if it's gone, but you can check. Lime with vetiver, which seems to hold the lime for several hours.

View attachment 1313176
I am going through an 8 oz. bottle of the regular St. John's West Indian lime cologne. It lasts a good while on me.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I am unsure as to how one defines "long lasting," but yesterday I used St. John's Lime at about eight a.m. When I got in from a run at about 4 p.m. there was still a noticeable scent before I hit the shower.

I am unsure as to how one defines "long lasting," but yesterday I used St. John's Lime at about eight a.m. When I got in from a run at about 4 p.m. there was still a noticeable scent before I hit the shower.
Yeah, THAT qualifies. 👍🏼😁

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I used St John's Lime Cologne at 4.45 this morning. I just walked a quarter mile to my car in the hot sun on a brutally warm afternoon. When I got in the car I could tell that the heat had given new life to the lime scent. Over 7 hours.

View attachment 1313176
I agree with this one. I have both the St Johns Aftershave and the Cologne (including the Hurricane Series). The Cologne version lasts significantly longer than the aftershave. IMHO, St Johns is the longest lasting of the many "Limes" in my collection. If you do try it, let us know your results.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
The Hurricane Series Lime is good, but it is different than the standard St Johns West Indian Lime. Not in a bad way, but it's not the same. I get a much stronger vetiver out of it. I have a couple of unopened jugs of both the regular and the Hurricane. The price on the Hurricane was too good to pass up, so I bought several. It really complements Arko nicely for Arko August. The 99 cent soap and the 75 dollar cologne!

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
The Hurricane Series Lime is good, but it is different than the standard St Johns West Indian Lime. Not in a bad way, but it's not the same. I get a much stronger vetiver out of it. I have a couple of unopened jugs of both the regular and the Hurricane. The price on the Hurricane was too good to pass up, so I bought several. It really complements Arko nicely for Arko August. The 99 cent soap and the 75 dollar cologne!
It (The regular, I have never had the hurricane series.) also pairs well with Martin de Candre Agrumes.

“… If you do try it, let us know your results.”
You talkin’ to me? (in Deniro’s voice! 😆)

If so, gotta wait ‘til NEXT year, bro. 🙁

Purchased TOBS lime, along with Aqua de Colognia, and again, while both have GREAT scents, ultimately they are both also short lived. 😫

So, I’m working my way through both, along with my Acqua de Parma, this summer. 😎🌞

Last edited:

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I purchased this aftershave recently:

Maol Grooming Frankinlime. I think it's a Frankincense/Lime blend...hence the name. I like the scent of this better than Royall Lyme. It should still be available at West Coast Shaving. I bought the soap also...a tallow based soap...but I haven't used that yet. This aftershave is nice though...if you like a strong lime scent.

Maol Grooming Frankinlime.jpg

Top Bottom