What's new

A LONG lasting “lime” scent - the “holy grail” of fragrances?

Yeah, yeah…, I’m aware there are already OTHER threads concerning “lime” scents on here (including mine), but I just wanted to create one more solely dedicated to LONG lasting lime scents (if they even exist!). 🙁

I think I’ve tried them ALL…. T&H, GFT, TOBS, AdP, and my latest attempt, Seaforth’s “Sea Spice Lime.”

ALL of them GREAT scents (REALLY love Seaforth’s new release!), but they all have that one DARNED thing in common - they completely dissipate with the hour. 😩

Is it possible that we can put a man on the moon, but lack the ability to create a long lasting lime scent? Should I just give up my quest entirely? 🧐🔬

A fragrance merchant recently tried to convince me to try OUDs for the summer, because they dissipated that less quickly, hence their popularity with Middle Eastern customers abroad.

I’m beginning to think she may have a point. 🤔

Two other options - Le Labos “Bergamot 22,” which has that citrusy thing going for it, or finally Atelier Versace’s “Cedrat de Diamante.”

It’s an AMAZING citrus fragrance, almost like being in the middle of a lemon/lime orchard, but at $329 a bottle… 🤔

What say you, gents?

I think pure citrus scents burn off pretty quickly -- it's just their nature. If you want something long-lasting, maybe use a scentless aftershave and use an EdT that has a citrus component. For example, Hermes Terre d'Hermes or Guerlain L'eau Boisee.

I think pure citrus scents burn off pretty quickly -- it's just their nature. If you want something long-lasting, maybe use a scentless aftershave and use an EdT that has a citrus component. For example, Hermes Terre d'Hermes or Guerlain L'eau Boisee.
Gotcha.

I was just wondering out loud if such a thing as a LONG lasting lime scent was possible, and if not, why not? 🤔

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Not that I've tried them, but...St. John's Lime and also Royall Lyme aren't on the list of lime scents you've tried.

Has anyone out there tried either of these? How's the longevity?

I have the same problem. Long rifle bay rum is the longest lasting lime I have found, with Clubman citrus musk coming in second.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I throughly agree! Even T&H lime edt disappeared quickly.
I remember using stirling lemon. It was strong but I was told I smelled like Lysol. I have stirling lime but haven’t used it in ages. I remember the scent being not that great but thinking longevity I’ll throw that out there. I’ll try to use it again soon.

Something that worked for me was adding a few drops of lime essential oil to my several lime aftershaves and splash colognes. Seems to help with the presence and longevity of the lime scent. I started with a drop of oil per ounce, tested, then added another drop per ounce if needed until results were good. I can detect lime at least a couple hours later in all I have adapted. Lime EO is fairly easy to find, and affordable, just be sure to select one that is approved for use on skin.

I try layering Royall Lyme and Castle Forbes Lime (limited edition that is hard to find). Lasts longer than most but still not that long. Dont get me started on Trumper Lime. Smelled great....for maybe a 1/2 hr then gone.

Yeah, yeah…, I’m aware there are already OTHER threads concerning “lime” scents on here (including mine), but I just wanted to create one more solely dedicated to LONG lasting lime scents (if they even exist!). 🙁

I think I’ve tried them ALL…. T&H, GFT, TOBS, AdP, and my latest attempt, Seaforth’s “Sea Spice Lime.”

ALL of them GREAT scents (REALLY love Seaforth’s new release!), but they all have that one DARNED thing in common - they completely dissipate with the hour. 😩

Is it possible that we can put a man on the moon, but lack the ability to create a long lasting lime scent? Should I just give up my quest entirely? 🧐🔬

A fragrance merchant recently tried to convince me to try OUDs for the summer, because they dissipated that less quickly, hence their popularity with Middle Eastern customers abroad.

I’m beginning to think she may have a point. 🤔

Two other options - Le Labos “Bergamot 22,” which has that citrusy thing going for it, or finally Atelier Versace’s “Cedrat de Diamante.”

It’s an AMAZING citrus fragrance, almost like being in the middle of a lemon/lime orchard, but at $329 a bottle… 🤔

What say you, gents?

Have you tried Cedrat de Diamante?

It’s just a matter of fact that citrus has no longevity. That’s why you’ll always see citrus listed as top notes, not middle or base notes.

I try layering Royall Lyme and Castle Forbes Lime (limited edition that is hard to find). Lasts longer than most but still not that long. Dont get me started on Trumper Lime. Smelled great....for maybe a 1/2 hr then gone.
Re: staying power of “GFT Limes” - Preach, brother, preach! 👏🏼🙏🏼😊

Considering it was the FIRST of many disappointing encounters with SHORT lasting lime based fragrances, I should have quit while I was AHEAD. 😕

Top Bottom