What's new

A little treat for the wife.

My wife is the absolute best woman that I have ever known. One of the things that really pleases her is when I lavish her with my attention or when I do something for her that takes "time".

About a year ago, I discovered that rather than go out to eat, she really enjoys when I go to the store, buy some specialty type foods and make a special meal for the two of us. Again, it's not so much about the money or the action as it is the time. If you think about it, time is your most valuable commodity/resource. When you are willing to give or share it with someone, you are really sending a strong message of how important they are to you.

This evening, sensing that my wife was in need of some pampering, I took off for the grocery store. I purchased some fresh baked bread, portabella mushrooms, a sweet onion, pita chips, spinach dip, a rib-eye (thinly sliced), and some Cabernet Sauvignon. We had our own little sheik-redneck feast of Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches and wine.

Men, if you love your lady, spend some time on her. It is the best gift that money can't buy.

If it's time she wants, just buy her a watch!!

Kyle said:
My wife is the absolute best woman that I have ever known. One of the things that really pleases her is when I lavish her with my attention or when I do something for her that takes "time".

About a year ago, I discovered that rather than go out to eat, she really enjoys when I go to the store, buy some specialty type foods and make a special meal for the two of us. Again, it's not so much about the money or the action as it is the time. If you think about it, time is your most valuable commodity/resource. When you are willing to give or share it with someone, you are really sending a strong message of how important they are to you.

This evening, sensing that my wife was in need of some pampering, I took off for the grocery store. I purchased some fresh baked bread, portabella mushrooms, a sweet onion, pita chips, spinach dip, a rib-eye (thinly sliced), and some Cabernet Sauvignon. We had our own little sheik-redneck feast of Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches and wine.

Men, if you love your lady, spend some time on her. It is the best gift that money can't buy.

Seriously, one of the things I do that really gets my wife is when I suprise her with a picnic at a local winery. I bring a blanket, make a couple of small sandwiches, buy some quality cheese with some triskets and the antique picnic basket we have with some glasses. Then we have a little wine tasting at the winery and have a lovely picnic with the beautiful view of the blue ridge mountains as our scenery.

I suppose since she knows it took me time and a little sneaking around, she enjoys it much more.

Nice post Kyle.

I spent most of the day with my wife today, cleaning flood water out of our basement....now THAT'S quality time together! :rolleyes:

You should've ordered the roast duck with the mango salsa. :biggrin:

proxy.php

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I do that for my wife all the time. Of course, I do it because I'm a better cook, and I like to eat. Don't tell her.:lol:

Top Bottom