What's new

A little love for the Speick

Haven't seen anyone speaking of the Speick lately and just curious if people have lost their love for it or just not talking about it? I love it and naturally follow it with the A/S and edt for the full effect. Great soap, very easy to make a great lather, and it has that great smell. Did I mention that I love my Speick?

edited to say that I actually grate mine into a tin for loading

Last edited:
I love speick. I rarely see anyone else talk about it. Not sure why. I guess people just don't rave about shaving sticks that aren't $1 retail. Take wilk sword stick. Miles ahead of MWF in performance, and also has lanolin, I've seen it mentioned maybe twice. Meanwhile, MWF, while far less raved about than it was five years ago, still gets a lot of attention.

Speick stick is my favorite modern shaving soap. There's really nothing I've found that I can say definitively outperforms it. It's pretty firm, lasts a good while, smells nice and unobtrusive, doesn't cost a ton. Generally it's a really nice product.

Funny you posted this because I just ordered a stick of the Speick soap earlier today. I really like the AS too so wanted to try the soap. I've pretty much tried all the mass produced tallow based soaps except this one and will write a follow up review of how I feel it compares.

Speick is terrific, but while I like the scent, I'd quickly tire of it if I used it daily. I think people are gravitating to soaps with a variety of scents. Although it's hard to beat Speick, there are now so many excellent soaps available in just about any flavor that you'd desire. Every now and then I think of using Speick, and I'm always glad that I did.

I really like Speick stick. I always get a great lather from it. Whenever I travel it's my soap of choice and I think I will always keep a stick in the den. I do understand that the scent could be a bit much for everyday use but in rotation it's very nice.

Absolutely fantastic lather, awesome scent...a pleasure to use in every way!

I have four sticks in back up.i grate them into a container, don't like sticks.

I use the Speick Mens cream in the tube. I have had it in my rotation for a while now. I top it off the Speick Mens AS for a clean finish. While I think there are better products to be had I will keep it in my rotation for the way it makes my face feel after the shave.

I bought a Speick lot off someone on another forum and can't wait for it to come in the mail. Barely used stick and aftershave lotion for 15 shipped!

Excellent soap! I have four sticks grated into a soup mug. It makes a beautiful lather in no time. The only area in which it falls short (compared to some of the artisans like QCS, Mystic, and Tiki) is after-shave feel. Speick seems more "neutral" than the artisan soaps, but that's nothing some aftershave balm can't handle if necessary.

The scent is wonderful...fresh and classic. Somehow, it reminds me of my Italian grandfather. I'm pretty sure he never had Speick, but he used some grooming product that smelled like it.

Speick stick is at the top of my list for some potential future online order. Speick AS is awfully expensive but is also on my list. I have a good friend who moved to Germany and comes back to the US a couple times a year and I asked him if he could haul some Speick back for me but I haven't heard from him...not sure if he missed the email or doesn't want to be saddled with that responsibility. :laugh:

Speick is definetly a top performer for me - I grate it into a bowl, brush load and then face lather with it. Part of me thinks that because Speick just plain works, smells relatively neutral and doesn't cost a ton - it's not exotic and doesn't get a lot of "press".

I also agree with SliceofLife's comment on the Wilkinson Sword blue stick, very good stuff there.

I just tried Speick for the first time a couple days ago! I like it! Slick, coushion, and smells good! I reminds me of TOBS sandalwood with lavender added.

The Speick Active line is just as good as the original , less herbal though. The soap in the bowl is part of that too ,same scent as the Active splash.

Used it a handful of times. Marveled at the slickness, ease of lathering, and scent. Thought, "This is a great soap!" And moved on to the next product. Maybe I need to finish that partial stick soon...

Top Bottom