What's new

A little help...Brazilian Monotech? Aristocrat?

I picked this up years ago, tossed it in a box because we moved and just remembered I had it. I cleaned it to remove the gunk, and assumed it was brassed as well....and it is. I might send this out to be replated.

It looks like what I thought when I bought it was a the Monotech made in Brazil (at the Mr. Razor site), but maybe not. However, there are no horizontal lines on the one at the Mr. Razor site. Yet it seems to also match the Brazilian Aristocrat in etching, but mine is not gold (assuming the Mr Razor picture is "gold" but it's a bright picture so not sure yet it appears to be gold in some spots but not others; maybe the Brazilian Aristocrat was not gold?).

There is an "I" in the top left, but no quarter numbering on the right. Not sure I've seen that, but I'm only somewhat experienced in all of the Gillette variations.

So, I thought I'd toss it to the wider, much brighter audience of the B&B world.

Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance for sharing your insight.

Attachments

• IMG-5778.jpeg
    IMG-5778.jpeg
    770.9 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG-5777.jpeg
    IMG-5777.jpeg
    899.9 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG-5776.jpeg
    IMG-5776.jpeg
    959 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG-5775.jpeg
    IMG-5775.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 64
Looks like a flare tip superspeed or rocket that was made in Brazil. I'm sure one of the more educated vintage folks will jump in.

Mono-TECH DE Luxe, nice!
Guessing "Marca Rig" (on the case under Gillette) is Portuguese for mono tech?

Here's my plain Jane Brazilian mono tech for comparison... it's gold, but like no other Gillette I've seen, a very washed out gold. It's an odd one. I like the blade pack with it :)
16438999370208641064614348580840.jpg

Thanks to everyone...always such a great source for Gillette and other razor information.

For some reason, it seemed to me when viewing the Mr. Razor Brazilian Aristocrat, that it might be gold, which is why I was uncertain because the one I have is clearly not gold. Yet the design and knurling aligned with the Brazilian Aristocrat. I was pretty certain it was not what would be the typical Flare Tip, as, well, the twist mechanism didn't "Flare" :)

Top Bottom