What's new

A little advice please

I have run into a small problem. I have recently switched over to wet shaving oh what a difference. I have been using A Gillette Adjustable, Taylor Eton College, Alum block, and Caswell-Massey Sandalwood aftershave balm. Here is my question before switching over I had a lot of razor burn on my neck, and since I made the switch it has gone away are there any aftershaves that don’t leave much of a scent? It has kind of thrown off my wife. Any suggestions would be appreciated, and Thank You all for this website you have changed shaving a lot less of a chore.

Ray

The proraso "milky" AS balm feels great and the scent doesn't linger too long... Also, the baxters AS balm might be worth trying. The baxters has a lemon-y scent that isn't too "fake" and fades fairly quickly. Also, if your SWMBO is anything like mine then she won't mind a scent like lemons nearly as much as a more "traditional", "manly" scent like sandalwood.

I assume that you are referring to an a/s balm, as opposed to a splash.

I like the Neutrogena post-shave defence and Nivea products - both have very mild, short-lived scents.

If you want an alcohol based splash - Thayers makes an alcohol/witch hazel/aloe splash that is very cheap and is unscented.

I’ve forgotten which B&B member to thank for it, but JASON WitchVera is a great aftershave. The scent lasts about 5 minutes, it leaves no coating on the skin and is extremely soothing. Great cooling sensation as well. I’ve found it at the “Vitamin Shoppe,” although it may be cheaper online.

I forgot to add that the Truefitt & Hill Ultimate aftershave balm is unscented and works very well. It's a little pricey, but is well worth it.

-joedy

You may want to try the Nancy Boy (review) A/S gel. Very light scent that goes away in short time leaving you to choose any kind of cologne you may want to use. I also like to keep the bottle in the fridge during this intense heat we're having. It's wonderfully refreshing to apply it when it's cold.

jfm said:
I’ve forgotten which B&B member to thank for it, but JASON WitchVera is a great aftershave. The scent lasts about 5 minutes, it leaves no coating on the skin and is extremely soothing. Great cooling sensation as well. I’ve found it at the “Vitamin Shoppe,” although it may be cheaper online.

I also really like Jason's Witchvera. It does smell similar to Dickinson's witch hazel but it does fade quickly. The really good thing about witchvera is that you should be able to get it locally.

Craig

Top Bottom