What's new

A List Of Most Comfortable & Efficient Razors

I'm new to B&B, but longtime DE shaver.

IMHO, any list should include the RazoRock Game Changer 68-P and the GC 84-P. Probably the RR Lupo .58, too.

The GC 68-P is probably the 'milder' of the two, with the GC 84-P being a little more 'aggressive' and 'efficient'. Meaning less passes to cut the stubble.

Both, IMO, give a CCS.

b/r

ON_1

You are spot-on.

The original link was removed as duplicated content (which is fine reason to keep the forum a clean place). List does have RazoRock Game Changer 68-P and RazoRock Lupo as comfortable and efficient razors. Here are some other razors (not whole list, don't want to get banned) that were mentioned as comfortable and efficient:
  • Dorco PL602
  • Baili BR171/BD176 a.k.a RazoRock DE1
  • RazoRock Old Type
  • Maggard V3A head (with any Maggard Handle)
  • Parker Semi-Slant
  • Vikings Blade Chieftain

On internet and different forums/articles/blogs/videos, one thing always confused me when people, according to their personal experience, mean different things when they use words like mild, aggressive and efficient. Then there are things like open-comb, close-comb, slant, razor-weight etc. After a month of safety-razor shaving, I stopped caring about mild or aggressive razors (or even BBS, purely my personal opinion). All I care for now is a comfortable, irritation and nick-free shave where I have to do less passes (an efficient shave). So, I searched for comfortable and efficient razors.
Welcome to B&B. You share the very common dream: efficiency and comfort (or smoothness, or...). I am sorry to say that there is no objectively true answer to your question. I wish there was. For example, your technique itself absolutely affects the comfort of a shave. The razor is just a set of rigid characteristics, like blade gap, blade exposure, metal composition in the end. But then there's the subjective how it 'feels'. And we have a bajillion B&B posts here, different website posts there, ....

I, like so many others, talk about the shaving adventure. You just need to find what works for you. For beginners, I think there's no better beginning DE than the Rockwell 6c. Is that comfortable? To must users, overwhelmingly yes. Is it efficient? Sometimes. Do most people agree with me? Probably not. But if you shave with X, there's bound to be a post comparing to Y and Z. To help us all.

To make a sillier point, some people think that straight razors provide the ultimate in efficiency and comfort. Who can argue with that, it's just a blade, skin, and technique, right? Sharpen this, angle that, etc.

We all crave answers as if there is one razor or even group of razors that combine comfort and efficiency to satisfy most people. Me too! I just don't think it exists. I think, objectively, there are answers to what is or is not efficient. As to what is comfortable? That's not objective. It's all down to your face, your technique, and what you think is comfortable enough. For me, I chase the most efficient and comfortable two-pass shave (wtg and xtg).

Again, it's an adventure. It's not science. There are just so many variables. To me, the lack of a uniform answer is what makes this exciting, and more importantly personal or customized. Or to bastardize the Princess Bride, 'Finding the right razor for you involves personal experimentation. Anyone who says differently is selling something.' But then, that actually sounds exactly what people selling shaving gear would want you to think ;)

With that said, here is my list of the top 5 most efficient and comfortable razors:
(1) Wolfland Bezoombalot
(2) Timetip Adjustawhoozit
(3) Rex King Pearl Whizzle
(4) Charcoal Titanonze Infinity Gap
(5) Olympic Nautical Razor Sword v. 3.6
(I just had fun with naming to reinforce my point)

But nothing I said above should ever, ever stop you from trying to find the ONE RAZOR TO SHAVE THEM ALL, the unicorn, that efficient, comfortable razor that does it better than anything else. For you.

Welcome to B&B. You share the very common dream: efficiency and comfort (or smoothness, or...). I am sorry to say that there is no objectively true answer to your question. I wish there was. For example, your technique itself absolutely affects the comfort of a shave. The razor is just a set of rigid characteristics, like blade gap, blade exposure, metal composition in the end. But then there's the subjective how it 'feels'. And we have a bajillion B&B posts here, different website posts there, ....

I, like so many others, talk about the shaving adventure. You just need to find what works for you. For beginners, I think there's no better beginning DE than the Rockwell 6c. Is that comfortable? To must users, overwhelmingly yes. Is it efficient? Sometimes. Do most people agree with me? Probably not. But if you shave with X, there's bound to be a post comparing to Y and Z. To help us all.

To make a sillier point, some people think that straight razors provide the ultimate in efficiency and comfort. Who can argue with that, it's just a blade, skin, and technique, right? Sharpen this, angle that, etc.

We all crave answers as if there is one razor or even group of razors that combine comfort and efficiency to satisfy most people. Me too! I just don't think it exists. I think, objectively, there are answers to what is or is not efficient. As to what is comfortable? That's not objective. It's all down to your face, your technique, and what you think is comfortable enough. For me, I chase the most efficient and comfortable two-pass shave (wtg and xtg).

Again, it's an adventure. It's not science. There are just so many variables. To me, the lack of a uniform answer is what makes this exciting, and more importantly personal or customized. Or to bastardize the Princess Bride, 'Finding the right razor for you involves personal experimentation. Anyone who says differently is selling something.' But then, that actually sounds exactly what people selling shaving gear would want you to think ;)

With that said, here is my list of the top 5 most efficient and comfortable razors:
(1) Wolfland Bezoombalot
(2) Timetip Adjustawhoozit
(3) Rex King Pearl Whizzle
(4) Charcoal Titanonze Infinity Gap
(5) Olympic Nautical Razor Sword v. 3.6
(I just had fun with naming to reinforce my point)

But nothing I said above should ever, ever stop you from trying to find the ONE RAZOR TO SHAVE THEM ALL, the unicorn, that efficient, comfortable razor that does it better than anything else. For you.

You make a very good point. I think I will just look for some efficient razors and focus more on improving my technique to find comfort. It's easy to spend money, what's not easy is to change oneself, improve oneself. Non-material things are hard to do. I did find Titanonze Infinity Gap razor (at least half of it). It's different question if I am gonna buy it or not :letterk1:

Screenshot 2023-02-04 at 12-33-03 The Titan Razor Co.png

Here is Olympic Nautical Razor Sword, version 0.6 though:
il_794xN.815415108_jnxt.png

Top Bottom