What's new

A Light Touch

I've been a member of B and B for 5 years and enjoy the common interests and wonderful guys who post here.

One of the things I like about shaving with a DE blade is that it is fun to experiment with different blades, technique, soaps, aftershaves, etc.

I've been refining my technique and am using an ever-lighter touch with the razor, using weight only with no added pressure. This has yielded some great shaves. I used to be obsessed with getting a BBS shave, but now am now focused on technique, which always yields a close shave, and often a BBS.

I have been at this for about five years also and I find that really paying attention to technique is the only way to achieve good results, and a key part of that is maintaining a light touch. :thumbsup:

I've been a member of B and B for 5 years and enjoy the common interests and wonderful guys who post here.

One of the things I like about shaving with a DE blade is that it is fun to experiment with different blades, technique, soaps, aftershaves, etc.

I've been refining my technique and am using an ever-lighter touch with the razor, using weight only with no added pressure. This has yielded some great shaves. I used to be obsessed with getting a BBS shave, but now am now focused on technique, which always yields a close shave, and often a BBS.

+1! Great point! ‘Let the razor do the work!’ :a14::a14:

This is totally the opposite of using pressure to get a better shave with a cart.

+1! Great point! ‘Let the razor do the work!’ :a14::a14:

This is totally the opposite of using pressure to get a better shave with a cart.

A major issue for me in switching from a cartridge razor to DE was unlearning all the techniques I used with the cartridge. It would have been an easier change to go from electric to DE. I'll never return to cartridge use.

Top Bottom