What's new

A journal of a Cajun's life wet shaving

Our babies are our babies even when they’re 100 years old and we’re 130 or looking up to them from the afterlife (I’m not the only one in the gang burning in Hades when it’s time, am I?).
I have to add that this “Baby” is the best athlete of the family. At least for this year, maybe that changes as the next “baby” that is grown is a senior in high school. He’s 6’2” and the best athlete in his school. Maw Maw just doesn’t want them to grow up. The fathers and grandfathers have a different view, grow up and show us and the world what you can do. Haha.

Jay21

Collecting wife bonus parts
Not every religion has gods, but all have a devil. I would hope most of students see learning the Krebs cycle as the devil and not you.
There’s definitely been a change in student attitude. Many of them view us as roadblocks to a predetermined destination. It’s our fault they didn’t get into nursing school or medical school, not the fact they missed half of the classes, the quizzes associated with class time, and weeks’ worth of homework. Since we didn’t let them make it all up at the end, we’re horrible and evil monsters.

300+ Shaves in 2024 131 of 300+
May 2024 GRUME 119/31
Shave Date 5/20/2024
Razor:
1950s Rocket HD 500
Blade: Perma-Sharp (1)
Pre-Shave: Razor Emporium Pre-Shave soap
Soap: Razor Emporium Heritage (10)
Brush: Zenith 507-IF Italian Flag
Post-shave: Alum Bock, Thayer's Witch Hazel, Mother Bear Winter Balm, RE Heritage Balm, PAA Vloid
Rating: 29/30 10 for Comfort, 10 for cuts and weepers(0), 9 for smoothness, neck stubble, BBS on the face, and DFS+++ neck.

Notes:

Monday hit me with abandon today, lots going on my end, ultra-short one today. Perma-Sharp was fantastic, worlds better than the Kai, the Sea Lions are plum off the dock and the dolphins are splashing them in the face as we speak. Vloid, the PAA Version of Floid, works well with the Heritage scent.

Have a blessed day and a fantastic shaves.

IMG_3159.jpeg

I want to be VICE president. Huck, if you would would please.... "Badaboom...")
So as to the position of "Vice" president being requested without any other "candidates" stepping forward, my "Advice" would be to grant the aforementioned supplicant with the title to be applied once the final journey has been completed. Upon arriving, said title would be granted and bestowed upon the "requestee" without further ado. Although a small celebratory function may be held.
(Sound of gavel hitting hard surface) Going once, going "Vice"...BADABOOM!.

300+ Shaves in 2024 132 of 300+
May 2024 GRUME 20/31
Shave Date 5/21/2024
Razor:
1967 Slim Adjustable TTO
Blade: Perma-Sharp (2)
Soap: Razor Emporium Heritage (11)
Brush: Zenith Unbleached Boar
Post-shave: Alum Bock, Thayer's Witch Hazel, Mother Bear Winter Balm, RE Heritage Balm, Bootleggers Green Freeze
Rating: 28.75/30 10 for Comfort, 10 for cuts and weepers(0), 8.75 for smoothness, neck stubble, BBS on the face, and DFS+++ neck.

Notes:

The second shave on the Perma-Sharp was handled by my birth year Adjustable Slim, three passes only WTG (Setting 9), XTG (Setting 7), and ATG (Setting 5). Today was going to be like most days, 3 passes and a touch-up pass, but during the assessment phase of my shave, after the three passes, I had a durn good shave, almost to the level yesterday's shave was, as I have been having bouts of irritation build up from days where I chase BBS on the problem fur patch, I decided good'nuff was good'nuff and called it quits after 3 passes. The blade was not harsh by any stretch of the imagination, performing as smoothly as any 2nd shave blade, reflecting on my past shaves and the gradual irritation build-up, the most prudent course of action was to stop after 3 passes. Part of the process improvement that makes wet shaving so enjoyable for me, and likely many others. On the journey to figure out my perfect shave. Bootleggers Green Freeze, my first use, and I didn't know what to expect, I expected an artic rush but it wasn't that intense. No menthol in the components makes that understandable. But a nice invigorating splash. Search up Bootleggers in the WiKi here for more information.

Although Monday presented quite a few challenges in the morning yesterday, as the day progressed it settled down to be less of a pain in the arse. When the world seems to be crumbling down on you, keep on moving forward and you'll get to the light

That is all for today, I wish all a blessed Tuesday, and may all your shaves be the best.

IMG_3170.jpeg

300+ Shaves in 2024 133 of 300+
May 2024 GRUME 21/31
Shave Date 5/22/2024
Razor:
1950s English Ball End Tech
Blade: Perma-Sharp (3)
Soap: Razor Emporium Heritage (12)
Brush: Yaqi Cavern Lake 24mm Two Band Badger
Post-shave: Alum Bock, Thayer's Witch Hazel, Mother Bear Winter Balm, RE Heritage Balm, PAA Hotel Cecil
Rating: 28/30 10 for Comfort, 10 for cuts and weepers(0), 8 for smoothness, neck stubble, BBS on the face, and DFS+++ neck.

Notes:

A durn fine shave this morning for the English Ball End Tech and the Perma-Sharp. I noticed some irritation on my neck this morning before the shave and decided to stay the course and forgo any extra passes in search of BBS. The end result was just a bit off of the best of shaves, with zero alum block feedback today. The Perma-Sharp on shave three delivered a smooth, comfortable, close irritation free shave. Hotel Cecil is a homage to old school Barbarsol shave cream, I am finding more and more aftershave that will work with the Barbershop genre of scents, and I thought I only had two or three of them. PAA Planet Phoenix is also one, I have a much greater variety of aftershave than the narrow-focused Aventus Creed scents. But then again I could throw caution into the wind and not give a carp of what mixes and just start throwing on cologne and aftershave and see what works.

My son is discovering music outside of his initial rap and techno stuff. He asked me today if I ever listened to Nirvana, I filled him in on the Seattle Grunge Rock scene, Pearl Jam, Dave Grohl, and the Foo Fighters coming from Nirvana. A long cry when he was arguing with me about the synthesized music. I was pointing out there was more musical talent in the ones who actually play the instruments than those who mix them, not to say the mixers don't know the music composition and how to develop a good song. He mentioned a friend of his admiring Eddie Van Halen, I sent a video of Glen Campbell's "Gentle on My Mind" to show him other guitar talents, Glen Campbell is one of the all-time greats. The video is below for your viewing enjoyment.

That is all for today, I wish all a blessed Wednesday, and may all your shaves be the best.

IMG_3179.jpeg

I'm 56, about to be 57, those Grunge bands came around when I was 25ish, it was the first year I was married, the first time, haha. High School was Journey, The Police, all the MTV music, AC/DC, Van Halen, etc.
Ok, you’re just a few years older than me then. Nirvana and grunge was college for me. High school was hair metal, lol.

I find it fascinating, all the kids wearing Nirvana t-shirts these days, but I guess it’s no different from the Zeppelin t-shirts I used to see back in high school.

Top Bottom