What's new

A Interesting Antique Store Find.

Found this Bismarck razor at an local antique store and picked it up for £15.

Any ideas on the age or value?

Picture:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Bismark Razor Co. 1900 to 1930. So your razor falls in there some where.

It is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Not being a smartass but this is the truth.

I'll give you 30 quidd for it. Looks nice. Hone her up and let us know how it shaves. Being shave-ready increases it's value, you know.

I'll give you 30 quidd for it. Looks nice. Hone her up and let us know how it shaves. Being shave-ready increases it's value, you know.

They had another English Straight which i didn't pay much interest in but it looked almost identical. He said 27 quid for the pair but i declined.

A very fine etching on that razor to be sure. Get her honed up and enjoy it! Congrats. Now you can ask a young lady up to your place to see your straight razor etching. :tongue_sm :lol::lol::lol:

Value is in the eye of the purchaser. As this is not the BST part of the b&b, we're not going to appraise it for you. You might search eBay and see what similar razors go for. I think you'll see huge variations even for two identical razors.

That being said, I think it would be a great addition to my collection ;)

( Clarification: not that BST would appraise it for you, but post it there for what you'd be happy with...if it sells for what you asked for it, then that was what it was worth...you'd be happy, purchaser would be happy, and there ya go. Unfortunately, you'd then be out the razor. Anyway, you know what mean ;) )

Last edited:
Looks to be in very good/usable condition but hard to tell the blade edge from your pics.

The condition of the wash indicates that it was not use a lot and there is little pitting so it was stored properly.

All in all you may have a very nice blade there

Yeah that's not cool man. I assumed when you were asking for info on it you were planning on keeping it, not trying to flip here.

Top Bottom