What's new

A hello and sharing my journey

What is it about shaving that is so conducive to exploration? (and spending funds).

About a year ago a FB post from a good friend got me into considering DE razors after many, many years of Gillette Mach III..... My 1st razor was a Merkur 34C and I used Shark, Astra and Feather blades. My soap is Mitchells Wool Fat and it's been great. For a brush I'm using a B&B Grosvenor. I also use Prorasa pre and post.

I've moved to a slant blade out of interest and my Merkur 39C has recently been truly outclassed by a ATT Slant S1 Colossus.

Present state of play is Voskhod blades with the ATT and I've tried some Akro shaving stick. I couldn't be happier, shaving is a real pleasure again. MWF or Akro is superb and the blade/razor combination has stopped me looking for an improvement.

My brush is good but I'm wondering how it stands in the brush scheme of things? It works for me.

I'm ex RN and have a 'full set' so I just shave neck, 2 patches on jaw and top sides. I'm considering moving my moustache into slightly waxed variety.

Peter

Hello and welcome, Peter. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself more fully.

Welcome. I have recently started my journey as well. I have a Merkur 34C and have been told that I should try a 39C to help with the skin irritation (closer quicker shave) on my neck.
I have a Semouge 1250 brush and it is still being broken in.
I have loved the shaves I have been getting over the past two weeks or so.

What is it about shaving that is so conducive to exploration? (and spending funds).

About a year ago a FB post from a good friend got me into considering DE razors after many, many years of Gillette Mach III..... My 1st razor was a Merkur 34C and I used Shark, Astra and Feather blades. My soap is Mitchells Wool Fat and it's been great. For a brush I'm using a B&B Grosvenor. I also use Prorasa pre and post.

I've moved to a slant blade out of interest and my Merkur 39C has recently been truly outclassed by a ATT Slant S1 Colossus.

Present state of play is Voskhod blades with the ATT and I've tried some Akro shaving stick. I couldn't be happier, shaving is a real pleasure again. MWF or Akro is superb and the blade/razor combination has stopped me looking for an improvement.

My brush is good but I'm wondering how it stands in the brush scheme of things? It works for me.

I'm ex RN and have a 'full set' so I just shave neck, 2 patches on jaw and top sides. I'm considering moving my moustache into slightly waxed variety.

Peter

Welcome to B&B. You will be spending lots of time here, and money on things you never dreamed of...

Welcome to B&B! :thumbup1:
If you haven't seen it yet, check out the beard and moustache section, there's a link in my sig.

True, it gives a good lather, I like the feel of it and it doesn't lose bristles. It seems a bit small compared to some but I've a small head too.

Top Bottom