What's new

A handful of project blades I picked up in Europe…

So a little while back I had an opportunity to spend a good amount of time in Europe, France particularly. While there I looked all over and bought up a bunch of straight razors that were of good quality and that I could eventually try restoring. Well here is a bunch of them, and some need a lot more work than others. A few of them are basically just in need of a Honing and polishing but some as you can see are going to be complete overhaul‘s. Oh and I included my other project which is turning a broken Filarmonica 14 First Generation (I bought it for the original scales, blade was broken off) into a Shorty Straight for use in tight and difficult to shave spaces. A mini-filli.
C6E76098-ADB3-482C-8C99-6ECB29598AE8.jpeg

0D38BF42-FD4E-466E-BA49-BFE30287F9EE.jpeg

DE073A97-F05F-420B-A3B2-8C19323D1D69.jpeg

The first and maybe second are probably not worth the trouble but the rest look fine.
I see a Kabrand in there. I made my first shorty from a Kabrand. They're solid little blades and the one you have looks in good condition.
Number 4 looks to have some sort of frown going on but that shouldn't be a problem it being shoulderless.

The first and maybe second are probably not worth the trouble but the rest look fine.
I see a Kabrand in there. I made my first shorty from a Kabrand. They're solid little blades and the one you have looks in good condition.
Number 4 looks to have some sort of frown going on but that shouldn't be a problem it being shoulderless.
The Kabrand is quite nice. I’ve put some work into that one already so that’s why it’s looking somewhat clean.

I went after one for quite some time today and it turned out nice. Fully honed and ready to be gifted to another user who has been very helpful/generous with me. Check it out.
36825152-0EE0-4CAC-9B4A-851E9DE5125D.jpeg

Top Bottom