What's new

A handful of Faux Horn

I found a beautiful faux horn handle on AliExpress but the minimum order quantity was 9 pieces. I decided to go ahead anyway and they are truly beautiful. The photos don't do them justice. The shape is similar to a Kent BK8 but smaller. They were advertised to be used with a 20 mm or 22 mm knot. I had to open the hole a bit to fit an ACE Finest 22 mm knot but not much. I also had a Virginia Sheng 26 mm Silvertip so I chose the handle with the blondest color and opened it up very wide. I would not want to go any larger but it turned out really nice. Looks like I'll be making Christmas presents.

Attachments

• IMG_8893.JPG
    IMG_8893.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_8894.JPG
    IMG_8894.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_8895.JPG
    IMG_8895.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_8896.JPG
    IMG_8896.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 27

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Nice looking handles. I'm assuming they are from China. That is the only problem with trying to buy things out of China, minimum purchases. I found some golf shafts that I wanted over there but the minimum purchase was 500 units. That is a lot of clubs. 9 is not so bad. Enjoy those lovely handles.

The one with the smaller knot is a two band and you are right it does look great. That's what I'll probably do with most of them.

I don't know what happened to the pictures so I'll try again.

Attachments

• IMG_8898.JPG
    IMG_8898.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8899.JPG
    IMG_8899.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 9
I have shaved with both in the last few days and their performance is exceptional. I used Mitchel's Wool Fat for the big Silvertip and Cella for the smaller Finest. Either brush is one that I could shave with without anything else in rotation and that's saying a lot.

Top Bottom